ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Batch Editor for URL and LNK Properties

<< < (12/22) > >>

berkland:
Screenprint .pdf (468.46 kB - downloaded 333 times.)

berkland:
I don't see my attachment........

KynloStephen66515:
I don't see my attachment........
-berkland (November 15, 2018, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed it for you - use [attachurl=#] for non-image files, in the future. (I guess the uploader should make this clearer. - I will get mouser to sort that :)

skwire:
Also, most respectfully, are you taking over this programming request from skwire?  And, is there any chance a search capability (for URL and LNK files) will be built into the program?
-berkland (November 15, 2018, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apologies for the delay.  I've been taking care of a family medical emergency this week and have not had time to work on my application.  That said, I will finish it, and it will have search and replace functionality.

KodeZwerg:
[ Invalid Attachment ]O, Zen Master KodeZwerg, a thousand pardons please for not responding sooner!  I got completely carried away with other matters in life and failed to thank you promptly.  I do appreciate all the work you have done on this programming.  And I hope you are having FUN with this project.

I downloaded the latest version of Shortcut Tuner.  I then inserted a folder of URL shortcuts.  I have NOT yet tried any LNK files.  Some of these URL shortcuts had the Google icon but others did not. I wanted ALL of the URL shortcuts to have the Google icon. I checkmarked the IconLocation and IconIndex boxes and clicked "Apply to All".  I got an "Unspecified error" message.

So, I then checkmarked the URL shortcuts that did NOT have the Google icon and tried to "Apply to Selected".  I received the same "Unspecified error" message then as well.  Attached is a screenshot of the URL folder, the program UI, and the error message.  I hope you will explain to me what I am doing incorrectly.

Also, most respectfully, are you taking over this programming request from skwire?  And, is there any chance a search capability (for URL and LNK files) will be built into the program?

Thank you again.   :)[ Invalid Attachment ]
-berkland (November 15, 2018, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

To your found bug: fixed Version can be downloaded by clicking on this link.
I am really sorry, since this is a one man project and betatesting also just me since no one is interested, when i build this app, it was for .LNK files only, later i quick added .URL support.
At that point i missed to include proper save function for different filetypes.
Actually it tried to open a .URL file as a .LNK file = your found error happen.
Best of all, fixed another bug too by inspecting save routines, the build you have would overwrite same file again and again instead of changing filename :-)

To Icons: I do admit, due the way windows works, sometimes on the filebox a wrong icon appear (a blank one)
This is a victim to my threading approach, i somehow cannot fix it back to first version where all looked good all the time.
Second, on Editors page the bigger Icon may also not display correct one, same error like above.
As soon as you click ".." and just click "Ok" you should see now whatever icon actually is used.
I am sorry for this steps, i will try to fix that too but having trouble with access right for my nested threads.

To Search Request: I could easily add. Lets wait for Skwire release if that a) works better for you and b) your feedback decides :-]

To how you tried: That is exact way to use it
small how to again:
 - first drop in something (folder / files) to play with
 - as soon as "loading Icons" appear in status bar you may start to set files checkbox
 - then select any file to be used as template
 - modify template to your needs
 - then set checkboxes for what to unify (in your case IconLocation and IconIndex)
 - then click on "apply to selected"
 - done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version