ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Batch Editor for URL and LNK Properties

<< < (8/22) > >>

KodeZwerg:
This should be considered as my final build, last contribution in here aslong no bugs reported.

Fixed:
- file handling with those fancy %environment% strings should be solved now

Bugs left:
- sometimes no iconfile is named, but as soon as you press ".." it will be revealed
- not all shortcut target types are supported, like a folder or windows api special stuff
  ( this application is designed for files as target, try out what goes and what not )
- "Mark Bad" feature still not best since some files be marked as bad because they include some of above mentioned types

You should at least know how i fixed that %environment% bug because it belongs your files.
Whenever my app detect %values% it try to decode them to readable form.
That belongs to "Target" and "Working Path". "IconLocation" will not be modified.

From my point of view, i can live with left bugs, project is closed to me.

I still do offer support if needed.

skwire:
Looks great, KodeZwerg!  I hope to finish out the LNK handling on my app this weekend and at least get that version out to berkland for testing.  The URL handling will come after the LNK  handling is done.

KodeZwerg:
If i remember right, .url is plain text file like .ini.
Maby i add it someday too, but never implement "search'n replace", it is easy to add but thats your terrain :)
Fancy editable Listview belongs to you aswell, to me with WinApi commands it is too slow.
And i wonder how your filehandling work with different %environments% and how your icon support will be,
and everything else that struggled me alot.... I am looking forward to yours, best wishes!
If needed, as always, my sourcecode you can have.
I hope some of my features inspired you to do same like my GUI was inspired by yours, just KodeZwergonized hahaha

KodeZwerg:
IDEA: Batch Editor for URL and LNK Properties
(as small clue how i do)

soon to be ready, i also found field named "origurl", i have absolutly no idea what does what, as seen on picture just my labels get renamed.
i think i added most important features.

for now my app is dead. my code to find files (that formerly was restricted to *.lnk) is in that moment total crashed. i need to start from scratch that internal procedure.....

skwire:
If i remember right, .url is plain text file like .ini.-KodeZwerg (November 09, 2018, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it is just a renamed INI file.  I've worked with them in the past on some other apps I've written.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version