ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Automagic Digital Photo Manager

<< < (3/4) > >>

4wd:
New version

magician62:
A little observation, as I need to look further at this util. I work always in GMT for photograph times, but I suspect not all cameras do. :)

4wd:
Date/time on photos/videos is set by the camera, the operator sets the date/time on the camera.

The script just grabs the date/time in the file metadata: Date Taken for JPEG and DNG; Date Created for AVI, MP4, and MOV.

No date/time manipulation is done.

oblivion:
I've attached a new version here, differences to the one above:
-4wd (November 05, 2018, 05:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks!

I haven't had a chance to try again, yet. The father-in-law's PC is acting weird and I spent several hours at the weekend trying to work out the problem rather than taking another shot at this. (I am beginning to wonder if the problems I had with the earlier version of this and the odd general problems are perhaps related... every so often the system goes unresponsive, for no obvious reason, and the only evidence of anything is some incomprehensible DCOM-related errors in the system log. I may have to reset Windows. :( )

4wd:
I'm updating the script a fair bit to display progress/errors, (and an error log), and make it easier to add support for other photo/video extensions.

EDIT: Whoops, I misinterpreted the Copy-Item/Move-Item cmdlets, they do overwrite by default - which is kind of dumb.

I'll put in a Test-Path in beforehand to check for file existence first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version