topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:39 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: irccloud-desktop source code patching and compiling request if possible  (Read 6313 times)

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello gifted coders here on DC,

i would like to request somethink hopefully usefull for the masses.
I cannot patch/compile source on my own, i have no idea about that used language (Electron app framework).

I have two wishes that could be very usefull for windows users,
a notification area icon that got different overlays to quick report status,
a minimize to tray and not to taskbar like it is now.
With Status i mean, like a blue dot = connected, white dot = someone wrote in a room, orange = someone whispered or named you, red = disconnected

The second feature, in room listings, i would like to have a counter added that display missed text.
If you are in room #foobar and in room #barfoo, #barfoo is currently visible, i do not see anywhere if someone wrote new stuff in #foobar

The Sourcecode can be found here on GitHub
A pre-compiled Windows binaries installer can be downloaded here: (Warning, this link leads direct to a .exe file download!)

Me hopes someone can help because authors do not react and the app itself is very cool :)

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It seems you haven't filed a change request (or 2) in their issue tracker, and developers are known for their lazy response towards email, so maybe you could try that tracker first?
The language is Javascript, and that is quite comprehendable for a Delphi-guy (I say as a former Delphi-dev), it might require a little studying of that Electron library, but that is to be expected.

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I attached to issue tracker an long existing entry with no replay.
And yes, i am overstrained on my own, in hope someone might know what to do i've requested this.

If it helps, i could show with Delphi Code what i like to have implemented, but porting code to that used and adding at correct location, whoa, i am scared.

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
By using that app more and more and understand things better, i found out that the second wish is kind already integrated but limited to your Name.
Then behind #channel a red bubble with amount of missed text lines appear.
Normal way the app handle regular new missed messages is that its #channel now displayed bold, app has got no good contrast so i do not recoqnize something, if the bubble solution can be adopted for regular messages, that would be great.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If it helps, i could show with Delphi Code what i like to have implemented, ...
I hope I didn't give you the impression I'd be working on this, as I'm not. I don't (like to) do Javascript development... :-[

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
All okay, i try on my own with micro efforts :)
For my first request i found out that desktop version has this feature but dont use it in a good way.
Existing feature can show an icon in SysTray, but icon has no indicator, so pretty useless ATM, just present.

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
for myself bad news. i cannot do what i want to do. (the badges thing)
the irccloud client is a webbrowser, it gather its full display in realtime from server (just like running its service with regular browser)
for me this is too heavy to do on my own (get html, modify html, send html to final display its content)
on the other hand, i might try to realize that with delphi by using public avail API.
by doing this i will have the traybar icon fixed aswell, just need to get handy with that API.

That said, feel free to close/remove this thread.