ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2019

N.A.N.Y. 2019: CurrentPrinter

(1/1)

c.gingerich:
Application NameCurrentPrinterVersion1.9.25.2018Short Description Small tray app to show and set the default printerSupported OSes   Windows (XP/Vista/7,8,10,server 2008, server 2012, etc)Download   https://filedn.com/lx9UK6VkCuXBk4O2YliWIkY/CurrentPrinter.zipAuthor   Chris Gingerich
Description
Show and set default printer via tray menu. Check next to menu item shows default printer. Tray icon tooltip also shows default printer.

N.A.N.Y. 2019: CurrentPrinter

skwire:
Tested here and works for me.  I can see how this would be quite handy when one has access to multiple printers and/or PDF-printing options.  Thank you for sharing.

skwire:
Chris, I liked this so much that I recreated its functionality within AutoHotkey and, if you're cool with it, I'd like to add it to my sTray utility from a few NANYs ago.  I did notice your menu updates even if the default printer is changed outside of the app.  Are you checking this programatically with a hook or system message?  Or, are you using a timer to check the default printer every second or two?  That's about the only thing I have left to implement.  Cheers.

c.gingerich:
skwire - Yep, I'm cool with it ;-) I do have it check for the default printer every few seconds though I don't remember the exact delay off the top of my head.

Chris, I liked this so much that I recreated its functionality within AutoHotkey and, if you're cool with it, I'd like to add it to my sTray utility from a few NANYs ago.  I did notice your menu updates even if the default printer is changed outside of the app.  Are you checking this programatically with a hook or system message?  Or, are you using a timer to check the default printer every second or two?  That's about the only thing I have left to implement.  Cheers.
-skwire (December 31, 2018, 03:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

mouser:
Featured on "I Love Free Software" blog today:
http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/15/tutorial/how-to-change-default-printer-windows-10-from-system-tray.html

Congrats!  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version