ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

SC main window shows up after capture

<< < (2/2)

tomos:
I don't really understand the hide and restore action of SC window in this case - in fact it's not something I ever really need (I think). Can that be disabled? (I unable to check atm.)
--- End quote ---

Yes, in fact you should be able to avoid this problem if you go to the Capture Options tab, and uncheck "Hide Screenshot Captor Window".
-mouser (September 25, 2018, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
interesting:
on laptop (win.7/portable SC v4.29.0) it works properly, whether checked or unchecked --
when checked, there *is* a flash, presumably where the windows shows momentarily and hides again.

Will report from desktop -- where I had the problem -- prob at weekend.

tomos:
^ on my desktop, SC main window shows up after capture with following settings:

this setting unchecked:
"the Capture Options tab, and uncheck "Hide Screenshot Captor Window""

Hide main form is selected via tray icon context menu (not sure where that is in options) -- see shot below.

EDIT// via Capturebar, setting post-capture is "Save [file] but keep main window minimized" //EDIT

SC main window shows up after capture

But when I take a screenshot, if the SC window is open in the background, it will come to the front and stay there.

Presumably some setting is different between the machines...

SC up-to-date on both machines.
Windows 7 x64 both
Installed in desktop, not sure if laptop portable or installed..
desktop ini file attached

dakotahawkins:
I also started having this issue both at home and at work.

I just went in to the settings, un-checked and then re-checked "Hide Screenshot Captor Window," accepted the settings, and hid the main window from the tray icon context menu... now it's fine.

One thing that would have helped me (maybe) is having "Hide Main Window" available in the main window's own View dropdown, though this may have been because (I think) after simply closing the main window it remained minimized.

Is it possible something changed with the settings in the latest version that inadvertently un-set "Hide Screenshot Captor Window," requiring it to be toggled off/on in the GUI to take effect again?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version