ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Very simple timeclock utility

<< < (9/17) > >>

brett:
New update to Titlelog v1.0.47.03

+ summary view is now a two pane display
left is application, right is all titles logged for that application

+ summary view sorts to most used

+ error check in detail view when updating search

Screenshot shows
Notepad++ used for 1hr 3 minutes today
Each 'window title' in right pane and time on each

IDEA: Very simple timeclock utility

Footnote.
There have been some requests for how to track time spent on a project.
Label each project with a unique identifying tag. You should then be able to do a filter on that tag over a range of dates, and Titlelog will return the amount of time on the project.
ie  design a web page for Bill, every file that you save on bills project should have a unique number and look like 'Bill web page P6592.html'  'Bill P6592.xsl' 'Bill P6592.doc'
as long as the Application lists the filename in the title, you now have a record of how much time is spent on that project, and you can perform multiple searches for P6592 and you will be presented with a breakdowns of your time.

Next update will mainly be trying to improve speed and optimize.

All feedback of all type is well received.
Brett

tomos:
downloaded  :up:

Armando:
Thanks brett!

suleika:
Thanks for the update.  The summary view is more useful now.

I was taking a good look at some recent log files today (to try to work out where I had spent my time while doing my tax return preparation), and annotating them, using Excel.  I have a request for a couple of changes which would make this kind of thing easier.

Would it be possible to use formatting that Excel would recognise as date and time etc?  I'm thinking of, for example, yyyy-mm-dd (rather than yyyymmdd), and hh:mm:ss rather than mmss.  This would make the raw data much more valuable and easy to use.  I would also very much prefer to have the time recorded with a value for seconds, and not only hours and minutes, both so that I can further manipulate it in Excel and also to keep that column in chronological order even if I sort it.  (Items being out of order within the span of a minute isn't going to mess up any durations, of course, but it could make for confusing reading of comments, for example.)

This would mean that the time recorded would look identical to the time elapsed, but there would be no need to change it in the view from within the application.  Just as there is currently a "hidden" column (only appearing in the export, and not from the application) where the time elapsed is listed unformatted, you could have a hidden column where the time recorded is listed with Excel-friendly formatting.

I am sure this would open up possibilities for more interesting analysis of the log, so I hope you will seriously consider it.

nosh:
Can brett or anyone familiar with AHK tell me how to mod this to trigger a function (Summary Log, in my case) on single-clicking the tray icon?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version