ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Very simple timeclock utility

<< < (15/17) > >>

DyNama:
each preset msg is coded to show the msgbox then turn off the timer:

--- ---  Gui,3: show,,%Custom1%     ;this pops up the msgbox, no?
  SetTimer, logchanges, off     ;this turns off the timer
i don't really know, but it seems to me that the easiest explanation for it working under old AHK but not AHK_L is that AHK popped up the msgbox first but for some reason AHK_L turns off the timer first, so a new window, albeit one created by this program, doesn't get logged.

if just popping up a new window isn't going to work under AHK_L, we could have each of the 8 presets call a subroutine that ends the previous timer and logs the result, and starts a new timer for the preset. unfortunately i don't find one. i think Brett intended to make one out of the Logchanges sub, he has a comment ";move this section as a gosub", that does what each preset message would have to do. but i don't know how to do that.

DyNama:
here is another set of typographic errors:

--- ---  If (Custom1<>"Undefined" and Custom1<>"")                                       ;if underfined or empty, dont show in Tray Menu
      Menu, tray, add, %Custom1%, M1
  If (Custom2<>"Undefined" and Custom2<>"")
      Menu, tray, add, %Custom2%, M2
  If (Custom3<>"Undefined" and Custom3<>"")
      Menu, tray, add, %Custom3%, M3
  If (Custom4<>"Undefined" and Custom4<>"")
      Menu, tray, add, %Custom4%, M4
  If (Custom5<>"Undefined" and Custom5<>"")
      Menu, tray, add, %Custom5%, M5
  If (Custom6<>"Undefined" and Custom6<>"")
      Menu, tray, add, %Custom6%, M6
  If (Custom7<>"Undefined" and Custom7<>"")
      Menu, tray, add, %Custom5%, M7
  If (Custom8<>"Undefined" and Custom8<>"")
      Menu, tray, add, %Custom6%, M8
Brett forgot to change the last 2 to %Custom7% and %Custom8%.

--- ---Save:                    ;;; ;save and submit to ini from PrefsGui GUI:2
  Gui, 2:Submit
  IniWrite, %Custom1%, %A_Scriptdir%\TitleLog Prefs.ini, Custom, 1
  IniWrite, %Custom2%, %A_Scriptdir%\TitleLog Prefs.ini, Custom, 2
  IniWrite, %Custom3%, %A_Scriptdir%\TitleLog Prefs.ini, Custom, 3
  IniWrite, %Custom4%, %A_Scriptdir%\TitleLog Prefs.ini, Custom, 4
  IniWrite, %Custom5%, %A_Scriptdir%\TitleLog Prefs.ini, Custom, 5
  IniWrite, %Custom6%, %A_Scriptdir%\TitleLog Prefs.ini, Custom, 6
  IniWrite, %Custom5%, %A_Scriptdir%\TitleLog Prefs.ini, Custom, 7
  IniWrite, %Custom6%, %A_Scriptdir%\TitleLog Prefs.ini, Custom, 8
  IniWrite, %Idletime%, %A_Scriptdir%\TitleLog Prefs.ini, Idletime, 1
  IniWrite, %donotlog%, %A_Scriptdir%\TitleLog Prefs.ini, Donotlog, 1
here too.

but lanux128 messaged me to suggest replacing the whole thing with a loop:

--- ---Loop, 8                                                               ; since there are only 8 custom msg supported via gui (lanux128)
  {
  If ((Custom%A_Index%<>"Undefined") And (Custom%A_Index%<>""))    ;if undefined or empty, dont show in Tray Menu
    {
      Menu, Tray, Add, % Custom%A_Index%, CustomMsg              ; change M1-M8 labels into "CustomMsg"    (lanux128)
    }                                          
  }

shmuel1:
Nice utility! Thanks.

Montgomery_Minds:
My first post.  Great Site.  Someone mentioned that Firefox Add-on "Titlebar Tweaker" would be good to use with this TitleLog program.  I investigated that.  It REMOVES the regular TitleBar, and adds its own.  That seems a little heavyweight to me.  And indeed some of the reviews mentioned various problems.

I found instead customize_titlebar_v2 <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/customize_titlebar_v2/>.  This worked for me in Firefox 18.0.2.  BUT i have Menu Bar visible.  Many people do not.  There were other Add-ons that put the titlebar text back even with Menu Bar off, but i did not test them :(  I did read, however, that even tho the title is not visible when Menu Bar is off, it's still there so hopefully TitleLog will still see it.

By default customize_titlebar_v2 does not include the "Firefox" string at the end.  I want that so i used the Custom Format with string  {pageTitle} - {currentUrl} ({brand})
And such an Add-on IS helpful, i find, cuz a lot of sites just put their site name in the title--no other detail about WHAT you were viewing at that site.

I found the TitleLogTweaked.zip very helpful--especially the displaying the comment in detail view and the sorting most recent first.

Thanks to all you fine donation coders! :D

(Wow this site has a fast preview ;))

Montgomery_Minds:
There's a bug.  Example: when i arrive at the computer first thing in the morning, it is (correctly) prompting me with the idle prompt.  So i type "sleep".  But in the log, both the "Idle Text" i just typed, AND the last window i had open last night, both have the duration of the idle period (my sleep), say 8hours.  This bug propagates to the Total time in the status bar, because the idle time is counted twice, once for the Idle Text and once for the window.

The Idle Text duration should either replace the most recent entry of an actual window title (since the user was idle) or perhaps subtract the Idle Text duration from the most recent actual window title, because, for example, the user was typing and entry into a forum, hit post, then walked away from the computer.  So that window will then be up during the whole idle period, and had some non-idle time that should be counted.

Still a great app.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version