ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Very simple timeclock utility

<< < (13/17) > >>

DyNama:
no, i didn't change anything else, just 8 "off"s. with it off, when i choose "out to lunch" from the right-click tray icon menu, a msgbox with the title "out to lunch" pops up but it isn't logged, the time "out to lunch" was begun does not show in my detail log. it may stop logging the elapsed time to window that had focus before invoking "out to lunch" but it doesn't log the time the "out to lunch" button was up.

when it is set to "on", it does show in the detail log and shows the elapsed time the button was up. you're saying if i switched windows while the button is up, it would continue to log the window that has focus? i suppose that's okay, as long as "out to lunch" shows up in the detail view--that's my main interest.

well, you know what they say about a little knowledge being a dangerous thing! i used to program a lot in BASIC and  AutoLISP, but i haven't programed for a while so i'm enjoying tinkering with the insides in AHK. thanx!

Armando:
no, i didn't change anything else, just 8 "off"s. with it off, when i choose "out to lunch" from the right-click tray icon menu, a msgbox with the title "out to lunch" pops up but it isn't logged, the time "out to lunch" was begun does not show in my detail log. it may stop logging the elapsed time to window that had focus before invoking "out to lunch" but it doesn't log the time the "out to lunch" button was up.
-DyNama (March 18, 2012, 10:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Weird. Here the message box is logged, with proper time, etc. It's always been. And everything is set to OFF for the reason mentioned in my previous post.

I just tried the original version, and it does log these message box. What it doesn't log though are the comments from the "Add a comment" dialog.

you're saying if i switched windows while the button is up, it would continue to log the window that has focus? i suppose that's okay, as long as "out to lunch" shows up in the detail view--that's my main interest.

--- End quote ---

Yes -- unless I'm mistaken -- that's what it should be doing from what I understood after a quick look at the script.

well, you know what they say about a little knowledge being a dangerous thing! i used to program a lot in BASIC and  AutoLISP, but i haven't programed for a while so i'm enjoying tinkering with the insides in AHK.

--- End quote ---

Hehe. Programming/scripting is fun !  :)

Armando:
Just a note :  if you're looking at the "Summary view", those "message box" appear under the "autohotkey.exe" application name.

(I also realized that while the comments aren't appearing in the detailed view -- in the original version -- they actually do in the "Summary view", but without any useful time indications...)

DyNama:
TitleLog just doesn't log the presets msgboxes for me, not in 1.17.29 or 1.17.28. i downloaded a new copy of Brett's last .ahk version, deleted the period in the TV_modify line, and ran it from a temp folder with no further modification. after a while, i picked "out to lunch" from the tray menu, and 10 minutes later took this screen cap:

notice "out to lunch" is not logged, nor is calling up the detail log while the "out to lunch" msgbox is still going. that's why i feel the need to change something. while the "out to lunch" box is up, titlelog is just not logging anything at all.

i'm running the titlelog.ahk file with AutoHotkey_L on a win7 laptop. i'm also running a hotstring.ahk file that i created, and 2 AutoHotkey executable programs, CapShift and Close2Quit, that i got here on donationcoder.

Armando:
Did you close the message box before looking at the log view ? The message won't be written to the log file until you close it. Also, the original version won't log anything while the message box is open -- this is by design : if you're lunching, you're not necessarily trying to see what your computer activities are (unless that's not what you want, of  course...).

I just redownloaded v1.17.28 and here's a screenshot after closing the message box and opening the "details" view :

("Out to lunch" being the message box)

[EDIT : of course, if you didn't like that behaviour, I understand why you'd turn the switch ON. However, my point is that it's not that the message box isn't log, but that it's not "logged" while it's opened to be able to calculate (e.g.) how long your lunch period was.]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version