ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Very simple timeclock utility

<< < (12/17) > >>

DyNama:
Some users showed interest so here's my tweaked version (attached)

P.S. : And a big THANK YOU to Brett for that great program.
-Armando (February 29, 2012, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanx, Armando, for your tweeks! i did have to fix a few typos:
Line 34:

--- ---  Menu, Tray, Icon, E:\configurations\AHK Scripts\TitleLog\TitleLog.ico, , 1i had to change the path. in fact i don't have an AHK icon handy, so i put the path to a clock icon.

Line 114:

--- ---  Gui, 2:add, UpDown, Range 1-60,%idletime%When i click Preference on the menu, this line errored, so i tried putting a comma after Range, and it works!

Line 443:

--- ---  TV_Modify(0, "Sort").i deleted the period.

Thanx again, Armando, and original author Brett!

Armando:
Thanks !

1- Line 34 - Ooops. Yes I forgot about that icon business... . I use a custom icon too. I should've put a relative link the script folder, or something like that. I could fix that.

The other two aren't linked to my modifs. They were there before.

2- Line 114 -  Didn't change anything on that line. I'm not sure why you got an error though as I don't think you need a comma after "range". (See AHK documentation. E.g. GUI Control Types-> UpDown (3rd section on the page)). However, there's a syntax error there anyway. It shouldn't be "range 1-60" but "range1-60". (Note that making a syntax error there limits the number range to 100 instead of 60.)

--- ---  Gui, 2:add, UpDown, Range1-60, %idletime%
3- Line 443 :  I didn't touch that line either. Strangely, AHK's parser / script compiler doesn't yell at that period (and it didn't say a word about the wrong range argument !)... So it must be pretty forgiving.

Armando:
I kept being interrupted by daughter dramas...!

So here. I corrected the icon problem. The script looks for it in the working directory (i.e. in the folder where you're running the script), if it doesn't exist, it just moves along...

I also provided a compiled version for those who'd preferred to run an EXE instead.

You can just replace your current .AHK or .EXE file and tell me if it works well.

DyNama:
Armando,
looks good!

i'm brand spanking new to AHK! deleting that period was the very first edit i ever made to an AHK file! last night i tried to make a hotstring and it took over 1-1/2 hours to get the syntax right! (i wasn't putting %s around a %variable%  :-[)

perhaps earlier in this thread it was debated whether the preset messages should be logged. i want them to, so the other change i made to TitleLog.ahk is to change the lines SetTimer, logchanges, off
--- End quote ---
to on, all 8 times, and that seems to do it!

when i look at the details log, and click on the summary view button, the summary log opens, but when i close it, the detail view is now empty! is it supposed to do that? no problem, i just close it and reopen it.

thanx for updating this project!

Armando:
perhaps earlier in this thread it was debated whether the preset messages should be logged. i want them to, so the other change i made to TitleLog.ahk is to change the lines SetTimer, logchanges, off
--- End quote ---
to on, all 8 times, and that seems to do it!
-DyNama (March 18, 2012, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, the on/off switch has nothing to do with logging or not the preset messages. Unless you made some other changes, they should already be logged -- here, they are...

As far as I understood is that the parameter determines whether other windows titles will be logged or not while the preset message is visible. Personally I think it makes more sense to leave the value as it is :  off

What wasn't working properly before was that the custom comments weren't showing in the details view. I "fixed" that but forgot to mention it in the script. Custom comments didn't show up because they had no value to calculate the "Elapsed" (%result%) value. So I just added literals. I must admit that I took maybe 10min to create that "solution". It's a quick hack as I only needed to see my custom comments in the detailed view.  :-[

when i look at the details log, and click on the summary view button, the summary log opens, but when i close it, the detail view is now empty! is it supposed to do that? no problem, i just close it and reopen it.

--- End quote ---

That has always been the case I think. I didn't try to fix it as it doesn't bother me enough. I just click the "Refresh & Reset list" button.

thanx for updating this project!

--- End quote ---

You're welcome... I'm not an official updater, though...  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version