topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:10 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: absolute (rather than relative) time zone  (Read 5366 times)

Hearsay

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
absolute (rather than relative) time zone
« on: September 20, 2018, 10:48 PM »
I saw this suggested Advanced time format on Reddit for displaying 2 clocks (https://www.reddit.c..._clocks_in_task_bar/):

W-5:nn              HH:nn\ndd.mm.yyyy    dd.mm.yyyy\n"    UTC             UTC+5"

But it's based on relative time zone. If you travel and have to change time zone, your extra clock's time will be in the wrong time zone.

I would like to show the current time zone plus an absolute time zone (i.e., one that doesn't change when I change the system time zone). I can't see any way to do this in the T-Clock help file.

Any ideas?

Thanks

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: absolute (rather than relative) time zone
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:33 AM »
unfortunately, it's currently not possible to use UTC (absolute) offsets.
Those relative offsets are all it can do for now. (and they only adjust the hour, not the displayed day / any date format)

Here's a feature request regarding UTC: #154
I might consider to implement it soon though... after the next final release and without the format rewrite I had planned... but I guess one more format shouldn't hurt that much :P (and it's taking me way to long to do anything anyway)
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

Hearsay

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: absolute (rather than relative) time zone
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Thanks for the clarification. That would be a great feature to have. Thanks for considering it!