topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Newsletter for August 2nd, 2006 - Codename ''Blogs and Bosses"  (Read 15455 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Newsletter for August 2nd, 2006
Codename "Blogs and Bosses"

"If you read nothing else on our site, read the newsletter!"

1. Software Releases
DonationCoder.com is first and foremost a site about software.  Let's see what's new since our last newsletter.. And remember to donate some DonationCredits to these coders to support their hard work!
  • InstantBoss - A really cool Coding Snack implementation by app103 of the (10+2)*5 Procrastination Hack Idea (send her some donations if you like it!)..
  • GridMove - What started out as a Coding Snack has grown into an amazing desktop tool for quickly moving and resizing windows into specific screen "zones", with lots of options and multi-monitor support (coded by jgpaiava - send him some credits to support this work!).
  • TweakeMPE - A Coding Snack implementation by JazW of the request for a randomization helper for the Maya Paint Effects Screensaver (send JazW some donations to support this work!)
  • MultipleSend - Send text to multiple windows at the same time (coded by jgpaiava) 
  • LaunchBar Commander v1.54.01 - Major new release with advanced virtual folders

2. New Mini-Reviews by Members
The mini review section is looking great and Josh is doing a superlative job as the official demo screencaster on the site.  If you have a program that you think deserves a screencast be sure to drop Josh a note.

3. Audio Radio Show Podcast Producers Found!
We're very excited to have found two forum members who have volunteered to take over the production and editing of the monthly DonationCoder.com Podcast Audio Radio Show.  How can you help? We're glad you asked.  You can help by recording and submitting a short audio segment between 2-5 minutes in length.  Be creative, be funny, be grumpy, just be yourself, and find something to talk about related to software.

4. Programming Contest Updates
Make sure you check out some of the great entries we've gotten to the C++ Builder program contest - you can download and use most of them. If you're a programmer, you've still got a little over 10 days to enter the C++ Builder Programming Contest (ends August 14), but if you miss that deadline, why not give our Accessibility Game Programming Contest, where the object is to design either a game whose output is audio only, or a game with a single button as input.

5. General Software Discussion
Lots of great software discussion on the forum in the last two weeks:

6. Fun and Games
Who ever said not to mix business with pleasure? That's all we do here! 

7. Web Discoveries, Debates, and Articles
What's worth reading on the web? With so much information out there it can be hard to know.  Here are some recent discoveries we're talking about on the forum.

8. Developer's Corner

9. August's Discounts and Giveaways
Each month we contact companies you have told us you want discounts from, and ask them if they are willing to provide a month long discount to our DonationCoder.com members, and donate a few copies for us to give away in a monthly drawing (thanks Ampa for organizing all these!):

10. New Site and Forum Features
Your donations enable us to keep working hard to improve the website.  Hardly a day goes by when we aren't trying to tweak it and improve it and add new features.

11. Site of the Month

We depend on the financial support of people like you

Do you have your free DonationCoder.com member kit yet?
Add a CodyCoin link to your webpage to accept donations?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 01:54 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Newsletter for August 2nd, 2006 - Codename ''Blogs and Bosses"
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 07:14 AM »
another newsletter goes up..
special thanks to Ampa for organizing the great discounts this month.

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 04:54 AM »
The "Setting up a secondary server for hosting member accounts" link doesn't seem to work. Otherwise looks great! Some awesome prizes this month. Not as many as some other months, sure, but it's all really high quality stuff, and some of it rather pricey too!

- Oshyan

Ampa

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • I am cute ;)
    • View Profile
    • MonkeyDash - 2 Player strategy boardgame
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 03:14 PM »
The emphasis on discounts and prizes will always be Quality rather than Quantity... that said, we are aiming for a packed lineup next month to celebrate the Fund-Raiser.

Keep your suggestions of high quality applications coming, and I will do my best to haggle for discounts :)

Ampa

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 08:59 AM »
For whatever reason I didn't receive this newsletter, but since I check the site very often it's no biggy :)

Found useful and interesting forum threads again!  :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 09:09 AM »
house - hotmail seems to be doing a lot of false positive marking of mail as spam; you might check your spam folder if you use hotmail.

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 09:18 AM »
You were right! Google had marked it as spam  :o :huh: Let's see if I can train them not to do that anymore...

andhrizz

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 09:59 AM »
For whatever reason I didn't receive this newsletter, but since I check the site very often it's no biggy :)

Found useful and interesting forum threads again!  :Thmbsup:
Gosh, Someone should find a way of adding the email address from which we receive to our address books (online or offline) instantly by clicking a button or by right clicking and selecting a option !!!

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 11:01 PM »
Man, I really like the newsletter format! It points me toward things I missed or dismissed and it's a nice layout. Good job, mouser!