ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Print Size Bug

(1/2) > >>

vycon_99:
Dear Mouser,

Hi. I noticed the image file generated by Screenshot Captor has a bug.

The generated image file has a small Print Size which is usually 3+ inches (Height) x 2+ inches (Width) though the image is much larger than the Print Size - refer to inline image below.

The image's Print Size has to be resized in certain applications such as Open Office so that the size of the image inserted into Open Office is larger.

I'm using version 2.18.03. The image file format is set to PNG. Please reply if you need more information.

By the way, I like Screenshot Captor and it's very good.

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Clyde
---
Print Size Bug

vycon_99:
Dear Mouser,

Sorry, I didn't notice Mantis is used. It's reported into Mantis & the ID is 221. Here's the link: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Tracking/view.php?id=221

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Clyde

mouser:
hi vycon,
and welcome to the site!

try changing the default DPI in the options to something smaller:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

I think the smaller the DPI, the larger a screenshot will be considered when brought into your word processor.

You can also change the DPI of an existing image from within the SpecialFX -> Adjust color + dpi dialog.

Let me know if this solves it please :)

vycon_99:
Dear Mouser,

try changing the default DPI in the options to something smaller:

I think the smaller the DPI, the larger a screenshot will be considered when brought into your word processor.

You can also change the DPI of an existing image from within the SpecialFX -> Adjust color + dpi dialog.

Let me know if this solves it please :)
-mouser (August 02, 2006, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi. Your solution seems to be a workaround because it sacrifices print quality (i.e. DPI) for the image print size. Sorry, if you are offended.

I found out how the image print size is calculated. It's related to the DPI mentioned. This is tested using following settings: Image Format - PNG (max compression).

Let's say the image dimensions is 1024 x 768 pixels and Screenshot Captor's Default DPI is 100.

Image's Print Size
= (image width / DPI) x (image height / DPI)
= (1024/100) x (768/100)
= 10.24 x 7.68 inches

If Default DPI is the usual 300 for image dimensions of 1024 x 768 pixels, the image's Print Size will be around 3.413 x 2.56 inches.

This means the workaround is not that convenient if the screen captures size varies.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks you for helping.

Regards,
Clyde

vycon_99:
Dear friends,

Hi, is there anyone that encounter this bug also? Or is it just specific to my machine?

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks for reading.

Regards,
Clyde

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version