topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:19 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Fail installing WinPCap on windows 10 64 fixed writing to system/etc.  (Read 9109 times)

Hagiyen

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just installed WinPCap with writing error of npf.sys. problem solved " setting System folder write protection and driver folder of and got installed successful
regards Hagi

Hagiyen

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Problem solved after setting system32 and driver folder as it shown with the error writeprotection of and got message "installed successfull"

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
after setting system32 and driver folder as it shown with the error writeprotection of

By doing that you have opened a huge security-hole in your windows installation. The way to get that driver installed is to run the installer "As Administrator", from the right-click context menu. If you don't have Administrator access to your PC, get a systems admin to install it for you.
You'd better restore the original settings on these folders.

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You should upgrade to Npcap.

It is faster & fully compatible to very old WinPcap.

Cheers.

edit
And it works, since i wrote that it is compatible, with UrlSnooper aswell, i just tested it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 09:16 AM by KodeZwerg »

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Some tools have WinPCap as a hard-coded requirement, I'm afraid.

However, If you get the latest version of a tool called WireShark, it will automatically install a modern version of WinPCap if it detects that it is missing from your system. Modern installers of WinPCap do not require you to misconfigure your Windows installation, opening it up for any form of attack available since Windows 98.

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
All my Sniffer Type applications that are based on usage of WinPcap work in harmony with Ncap. I guess they are all Hardcoded, like UrlSnooper aswell.

(WireShark suggest during installation to upgrade to Ncap if it detect installed WinPcap.)

Just my 2 cents.