ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best E-mail Client

The Bat! - annoying word wrap

<< < (2/3) > >>

oBFusC8r:

thx Ampa!

That sure makes The Bat a bit easier to live with. I actually considered using another e-mail client because of this , but this solution will work for me. I do still think it would be better if the words could flow automatically to the next line though.

superboyac:
On a similar, but perhaps unrelated issue:

Initially, I thought the MicroEd editor in the Bat was cool, but I find it being more of a nuisance than not since I've switched over to it.  Can someone describe what the usefulness/uniqueness of the MicroEd editor is?  The only thing I can think of is that you can click the cursor anywhere on the page and begin typing, but that's kind of a nuisance also.  Here are the issues I'm having:

--Since you can click anywhere to type, if you want to go to the end of the line, you have to make sure you click exactly at the right spot, or use the "end" key.  Normally, if you just click anywhere to the right of the last character of a line, the cursor won't go past that last character.

--Also, there's this automatic indentation thing that almost always happens to me.  Say you're writing, and you put a period and then the appropriate two spaces after the period.  If one of those spaces wraps into the next line, every line after that is now automatically indented.  This always happens to me, how do you guys deal with this.

Overall, I like MicroEd, but I was wondering what makes it "good" and why other users like to use it over the normal windows way of editing.

mouser:
the auto indenting can be annoying..

i love the inplace spellcheck though..

allen:
A bit late to the punch, but you may be even happier to know that by going to preferences -> editor preferences, you can check the "auto-format" option.  By doing so, it will automatically reflow paragraphs in real time while editing so you don't have to manually reformat it with the shortcuts mentioned above.  In the same section of the preferences, you can disable the auto-indent as well.

MicroEd was always one of my favorite features of the bat -- but I'm a huge plain text junkie, love persistent blocks and the free roam cursor (being able to click anywhere, not just in valid white space).

superboyac:
I've always been embarrased to ask...what is persistent blocks?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version