topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:31 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Fullscreen DiscoLight with a custom palette  (Read 8135 times)

Rockets

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Fullscreen DiscoLight with a custom palette
« on: August 07, 2018, 05:51 PM »
Hello donationcoders,

I want to turn my second monitor into a discolight:
It should show different custom colors fullscreen, fade transitions and speed are welcome, but not important.

Greetings,
Rockets

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Fullscreen DiscoLight with a custom palette
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 05:19 AM »
No one has answered this yet? Maybe as a more general question you would be interesting in general apps that can display visual patterns or designs and screens for use in a visual show, and maybe folks have some suggestions for that?

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Fullscreen DiscoLight with a custom palette
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 05:34 AM »
I remember having such a feature on my PlayStation one. Where I first needed to load a disc with the software for generating the patterns and then a music CD to make the patterns (and path of the camera) move/change to the rhythm of the music.

While that might not be the exact thing requested by Rockets, that stuff was only fun for a rather short while. Something similar could be achieved by turning the volume completely down, then you would still have the "randomness" in the patterns, but not the sound of the music.

If memory serves me, was there not a plugin for music players, like WinAmp, called: Milkdrop (or something like that)? That should cover most, if not all, of the requested features.