topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Script goes well in windows 7 but not in windows 8.1 or 10  (Read 6695 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I don't know why. Goes well under xp or 7, but not in windows 8.1 or ten.
Can you modify to go running ?
Best Regards  :P
The script creates one or several empty folders selecting from a list.

At the present moment I can't execute this.
I think I am an administrator in the system. My system now is windows 8.1.

#SingleInstance Force

; #if winactive("ahk_class CabinetWClass") pruebo con la alternativa de más abajo
#ifWinActive ahk_class CabinetWClass
{
  #z::
  Gui, Destroy
  WinGet, WinID, ID, A
  Gui, +LastFound
  HWND := WinExist()
  ControlGetText, DesPath, Edit1, ahk_id %WinID%
   Gui, Add, ListView, r10 NoSort vChosenName h300 w400, Folder Name
     For A,B in {1:"Prg1",2:"Prg2", 3:"Prg3", 4:"Prg4", 5:"Prg5", 6:"%yyyy%", 7:"%MMyyyy%", 8:"Ver.hh.mm", 9:"password", 10:"Avira", 11:"Folder11", 12:"Es un juego", 13:"MACApple", 14:"pago", 15:"portable",16:"Nofunc", 17:"Nuevo",18:"Script",19:"Autohotkey", 20:"trial", 21:"Folder21",22:"INFO", 23:"Foros", 24:"Videos",25:"Formación",26:"Android", 27:"Windows", 28:"Consulta"}
    LV_Add("",B)
    Gui, Add, Button, gChoose, Submit
   Gui, Show, h340 w420, Choose Folder Name
  Return
}

Choose:
ControlGet, List, List, Selected, SysListView321, ahk_id %HWND%
Gui, Destroy
Loop, Parse, List, `n
{
   If !FileExist(DesPath "\" A_LoopField)
      FileCreateDir, %DesPath%\%A_LoopField%
}
Return
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:54 PM by Contro »

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Script goes well in windows 7 but not in windows 8.1 or 10
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 07:38 PM »
You might want to post a few words about what the script is supposed to do and what goes wrong.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 04:21 AM »
The script creates one or several empty folders selecting from a list.

At the present moment I can't execute this.

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 06:21 AM »
insufficient user rights? Inside the folder where kalos tries to create the new empty subfolders, I mean. That seems to me the first thing to be looked at. Windows 10 is more strict about that kind of thing than Windows 7 is.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 12:51 PM »
AsusPortatil - 07_08_2018 , 18_50_59.pngScript goes well in windows 7 but not in windows 8.1 or 10
insufficient user rights? Inside the folder where kalos tries to create the new empty subfolders, I mean. That seems to me the first thing to be looked at. Windows 10 is more strict about that kind of thing than Windows 7 is.
Really i am preocupied because seems to be nothing to modify in the script.
I have execute the script with the right click option "execute as administrator" but not result.
I am the only user and I think I am the administrator too.
How can I test my configuration to assume i am administrator ? In user accounts I am an administrator

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 12:53 PM »
One singularity in my system is that the UAC is disabled to use my old CRM Goldmine 5.5.
May be this in relation ?????

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 02:27 PM »
You also need to check the user rights for the folder you wish to create the new sub-folders into. 'Run as administrator' functionality, as well as UAC, have a different impact in comparison between Windows 7 and 10. Windows 10 protects a lot of folders on the C:\ partition, more harshly then Windows 7 does. Windows 10 also gives me the impression that it protects more folders in this way than Windows 7 does.

It might be an option to add your user account to the list of users that is allowed to read and write in the desired folder (right-click on that folder, select Properties and go to tab Security to add your user account).

Something else to consider: The first (local) user account that you create in Windows is usually associated with two standard Windows user groups, called 'Users' and 'Administrators'. When accessing any folder on that computer, Windows will check what user and user group rights are configured at that folder. Windows will always default to the most restricted access to that folder, if a user is part of multiple user groups. This behavior is preferable for your own security.

Removing the associated user group 'Users' from your user account would help Windows making up its mind on how much access rights it should grant to your user account for any folder. Doing this on a single user PC is not a security problem. With a multi-user system it could be. When another user executes some malware which takes a peek at user group associations for all (local) accounts to find out which ones to target (first). 

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 04:19 PM »
You also need to check the user rights for the folder you wish to create the new sub-folders into. 'Run as administrator' functionality, as well as UAC, have a different impact in comparison between Windows 7 and 10. Windows 10 protects a lot of folders on the C:\ partition, more harshly then Windows 7 does. Windows 10 also gives me the impression that it protects more folders in this way than Windows 7 does.

It might be an option to add your user account to the list of users that is allowed to read and write in the desired folder (right-click on that folder, select Properties and go to tab Security to add your user account).

Something else to consider: The first (local) user account that you create in Windows is usually associated with two standard Windows user groups, called 'Users' and 'Administrators'. When accessing any folder on that computer, Windows will check what user and user group rights are configured at that folder. Windows will always default to the most restricted access to that folder, if a user is part of multiple user groups. This behavior is preferable for your own security.

Removing the associated user group 'Users' from your user account would help Windows making up its mind on how much access rights it should grant to your user account for any folder. Doing this on a single user PC is not a security problem. With a multi-user system it could be. When another user executes some malware which takes a peek at user group associations for all (local) accounts to find out which ones to target (first). 

I have control total
The UAC is disabled . Do you recommend me enable the service again in the registry ?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 04:22 PM »
There is alternative to my script ?

I know the script Skwire and goes well under the present circunstances.
Text2Folders

The advantage I use of the conflictive script is that I can made multiple selections in the list of folders to be create with the shift or the control key.

Best Regards

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 04:29 PM »
Another thing I can't understand is that a similar script goes well when I change the hotkey :

#SingleInstance Force

#ifWinActive ahk_class CabinetWClass
        {
; #y::  , quito la combinación windows+y a ver si logro que trote en do , control+shift+y
          ^+y::
          Gui, Destroy
          WinGet, WinID, ID, A
          Gui, +LastFound
          HWND := WinExist()
          ControlGetText, DesPath, ToolbarWindow323, ahk_id %WinID%
          StringMid,DesPath,DesPath,Instr(DesPath,": ") + 2
          Gui, Add, ListView, r10 NoSort vChosenName h300 w400, File Name (Path: %DesPath%)
             For A,B in {1:"Instrucciones.txt",2:"Instalar en mv.txt", 3:"Es mal portable. Instalar como no portable.txt", 4:"Instalado como

portable.txt", 5:"Instalar cuando se pueda.txt", 6:"ReciboLLamadaAlas.proponer fecha hora.txt", 7:"Ver pantallazos.proponer fecha hora.txt",

8:"Ver grabaciones de la fecha.proponer fecha sistema.txt", 9:"password   pegado del portapapeles.txt", 10:"Avira detecta virus. en parte a

especificar.txt", 11:"File11.txt", 12:"Es un juego.txt", 13:"Es para entorno MAC Apple.txt", 14:"Tambien tienen versiones de pago.txt", 15:"No

es buen portable.Instalado como portable.txt",16:"No funcione en xp. es para w7 o sup.txt", 17:"Nuevo Notepad++ Document.txt",18:"Script

AutoIt.au3",19:"Script Autohotkey.ahk", 20:"es un trial de prueba.txt", 21:"ae.fecha.txt",22:"recordarle es dia de pago.txt", 23:"Ideas

compras.txt", 24:"File24.txt",25:"File25.txt",26:"File26.txt"}
            LV_Add("",B)
            Gui, Add, Button, gChoose, Submit
          Gui, Show, h340 w420, Choose File Name
          Return
        }

Choose:
        ControlGet, List, List, Selected, SysListView321, ahk_id %HWND%
        Gui, Destroy
        Loop, Parse, List, `n
        {
           If !FileExist(DesPath "\" A_LoopField)
              FileAppend,, %DesPath%\%A_LoopField%
        }
        Return

And is very similar to the conflictive one.  :-\

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 04:50 PM »

I have control total
The UAC is disabled . Do you recommend me enable the service again in the registry ?
hi Contro,
I think you did not understand Shade's suggestions:
paragraphs 1 & 2 and para 3 & 4 have different suggestions. Did you try google translate?
Tom

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 06:31 AM »
the user rights for the folder you wish to create the new sub-folders into
Shades I don't know how to operate your advice. How can I vary the options to make certain this is the issue ?
Best Regards

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 06:43 AM »
How can i vary the original script for not to be necessary have administrative rights ?
How can i vary the original script to go well without need of special configurations ?
I am the only user. I don't need certain types of securities.
 :-\

P.D. Besides obviously the script from skwire don't have those problems and is in AHK also. So I think is possible.
 :-*
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 01:07 PM by Contro »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 01:13 PM »
Shades I don't know how to operate your advice. How can I vary the options to make certain this is the issue ?
Best Regards

right click on the folder.  Properties.  Click the security tab.  Make sure that the user that you're running the script under has rights.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 04:09 PM »
AsusPortatil - 08_08_2018 , 22_07_39.pngScript goes well in windows 7 but not in windows 8.1 or 10
Best Regards

right click on the folder.  Properties.  Click the security tab.  Make sure that the user that you're running the script under has rights.
As I told before the user has total control or control total . Administrative privileges.

A screenshot may help me.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 04:11 PM »
May be some line giving the problem ?
In the original script...

ControlGetText, DesPath, Edit1, ahk_id %WinID%

Have you any alternative with the same target ?

Best Regards  :-*

Why Skwire script don't have any problem under my system ?