ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

A dilemna regarding affiliate fees

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
I will leave this open for others to comment on, but it seems like there is a clear consensus here and it's good enough for me:

We will reject discounts from companies that are not prepared to switch from an affiliate fee to a customer discount.

It doesn't happen so often as to give us real concern - and there is no other solution that doesn't involve extra work on our part, so I'm perfectly happy with this solution. Thanks for all the input  :up:

housetier:
I am in line with my four previous speakers and mouser's conclusion.

app103:
However, sometimes we get back a reply saying that the company is not willing to do this, for a variety of reasons (they arent technically able to set up such a thing, or they dont want to disadvantage other affiliates).-mouser
--- End quote ---

That's not your problem, it's theirs. You shouldn't have to make drastic changes to things to make them more money. With the way this site is growing, there is a good possibility that they may change their minds some day and change things on their end and be more agreeable.

Until then, the more agreeable companies will have an advantage over them.

This is a 2 way street here. You are not just obtaining discounts and deals for members...you are helping software companies make money, too, even if that isn't really your goal or intent.

And I agree with Darwin. This could cloud the idea of this site providing objective reviews and make us look like another Top Ten Reviews type site, which I am sure isn't what we want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version