ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How can I find approximate matches of numbers?

<< < (2/3) > >>

KodeZwerg:
Well, he wants to throw in a %match, so that wouldn't do it.-wraith808 (July 12, 2018, 11:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Now i've understood, thank you for explaining to me!
Here is theory on how to do that, simple range check.

--- --- - checker code
   function IsInRange(MinValue, MaxValue: double): Boolean;
   var
     Count: Integer;
   begin
     Result := False;
     for count := 0 to BigList.NumberOfItems -1 do
       if ((BigList.Items[Count].Value >= MinValue) or (BigList.Items[Count].Value <= MaxValue)) then
       begin
         Result := True;
         Exit;
       end;     
   end;

- maincode
   for Count := 0 to Masterlist.NumberOfItems -1 do
   begin
     MinValue := Calculate( MasterList.Items[Count].Value -5% )
     MaxValue := Calculate( MasterList.Items[Count].Value +5% )
     if IsInRange(MinValue, MaxValue) then
       CompareListResults.AddNewItem := Count;
   end;
In that sample the MasterList should be the List with less Items than BigList.
I hope you now get an Idea on how to solve this.

Since its just proto-code, it give only first match from criteria MinValue and MaxValue back.

Edited this way it will grab all Matches from BigList

--- --- - checker code
   procedure SaveRanges(MinValue, MaxValue: double; var SavedList: TList);
   var
   begin
       if ((BigList.Items[Count].Value >= MinValue) or (BigList.Items[Count].Value <= MaxValue)) then
         SavedList.Items.Add( IntToStr(Count) );
   end;

- maincode
   NewList := TList.Create();
   begin
     SaveRanges(MinValue, MaxValue, NewList);
   end;
This sample would hold all matches in NewList.

Edited this way it will grab all Matches from BigList and Save callers Index within

--- --- - checker code
   procedure SaveRanges(const MinValue: double; const MaxValue: double; const CallerIndex: Integer; var SavedList: TList);
   var
   begin
         SavedList.Items.Add( IntToStr(CallerIndex) + ' found match with ' + IntToStr(Count) );
   end;

- maincode
   NewList := TList.Create();
   begin
     SaveRanges(MinValue, MaxValue, Count, NewList);
   end;
This sample would hold all matches in NewList, ready to use with matches display.

Ps: If you are confused of line "for Count := 0 to Masterlist.NumberOfItems -1 do", adjust this to your Language.
In Delphi Lists Index begin at "0" and NumberOfItems at "1". NumberOfItems "0" would mean Index "-1" (no item exist in List)

4wd:

--- Code: PowerShell ---# Remove test filesRemove-Item .\TestList?.txt# Generate two files containing unique random numbers for comparison1..100 | % {Get-Random -Minimum 95 -Maximum 200 } | Sort -Unique | Out-File .\TestList1.txt -Append1..100 | % {Get-Random -Minimum 95 -Maximum 200 } | Sort -Unique | Out-File .\TestList2.txt -Append # Read the files into an object (array)$list1 = Get-Content .\TestList1.txt$list2 = Get-Content .\TestList2.txt # Initialise match count$total = 0 # For each value in list 1 loop through every value in list 2for ($i = 0; $i -lt $list1.Count; $i++) {  for ($j = 0; $j -lt $list2.Count; $j++) {    $tmp = $list2[$j]/1                                                                  # Simple conversion of string to number    if (($tmp -gt ($list1[$i]/1 * 0.95)) -and ($tmp -lt ($list1[$i]/1 * 1.05))) {        # Compare value from list 2 to within 5% of value from list 1      $total++                                                                           # Increment match count if a match      $out = 'Match ' + $total.ToString() + ': ' + $list1[$i] + ' ±5% -> ' + $list2[$j]  # Format output      Write-Host $out                                                                    # Write to console      Out-File  .\TestList3.txt -InputObject $out -Append                                # Write to file    }  }                                                                                      # Round we go again}                                                                                        # ... and again # The End

wraith808:
All of these are great solutions.  I still maintain that the problem hasn't been defined properly, so they could be for naught.  :(

Ath had the right questions in the initial reply.  :-\

KodeZwerg:
In my proto-Code i was wrong anyway  :o
What i've called BigList should be infact the smaller List = fastest performance.
And the "Result :=" Lines should be removed from all Procedures ^_^

4wd:
I still maintain that the problem hasn't been defined properly, so they could be for naught-wraith808 (July 14, 2018, 11:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

That is always the case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version