ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How secure is a private WordPress post from public view?

<< < (3/5) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Advocate of the devil here:  Would it then not become just a numbers game?  This post is liked by x amount of people on this forum? What does that add exactly?
-Shades (November 30, 2018, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

The point of it would be so that you could express thanks or approval or give some form of feedback without having to create a new reply which would therefore ping everyone who has signed up to be notified of new replies. It also helps keep threads on topic instead of having a bunch of superfluous "thanks" or "nice" replies.

This would be especially handy, IMO, in threads such as the latest Steam or GOG giveaways.

As things are now, I have to choose between no reply at all (which can give the OP the idea that nobody cared about what they had to say/share) or possibly bothering a bunch of people with notifications just to say something like "thanks" or "I enjoyed that" etc. Often times I choose the former.
-Deozaan (November 30, 2018, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is exactly my thinking behind the "upvote/like" system.  There happens to be a lot of posts on DC where there are no replies at all because the reader may feel like it's "interesting" but have nothing useful to add to the topic. Clicking "Like" will allow the writer to know they didn't just waste their time and that the content was appreciated in some way :)

wraith808:
Advocate of the devil here:  Would it then not become just a numbers game?  This post is liked by x amount of people on this forum? What does that add exactly?
--- End quote ---

The point of it would be so that you could express thanks or approval or give some form of feedback without having to create a new reply which would therefore ping everyone who has signed up to be notified of new replies. It also helps keep threads on topic instead of having a bunch of superfluous "thanks" or "nice" replies.

This would be especially handy, IMO, in threads such as the latest Steam or GOG giveaways.

As things are now, I have to choose between no reply at all (which can give the OP the idea that nobody cared about what they had to say/share) or possibly bothering a bunch of people with notifications just to say something like "thanks" or "I enjoyed that" etc. Often times I choose the former.
--- End quote ---

This is exactly my thinking behind the "upvote/like" system.  There happens to be a lot of posts on DC where there are no replies at all because the reader may feel like it's "interesting" but have nothing useful to add to the topic. Clicking "Like" will allow the writer to know they didn't just waste their time and that the content was appreciated in some way
-Stephen66515 (November 30, 2018, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

And I wouldn't keep having to post this.  Like I'm posting now.

KynloStephen66515:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

This is exactly my thinking behind the "upvote/like" system.  There happens to be a lot of posts on DC where there are no replies at all because the reader may feel like it's "interesting" but have nothing useful to add to the topic. Clicking "Like" will allow the writer to know they didn't just waste their time and that the content was appreciated in some way
-Stephen66515 (November 30, 2018, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

And I wouldn't keep having to post this.  Like I'm posting now.

-wraith808 (November 30, 2018, 12:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm stealing this "this" GIF.

rgdot:
So next step is when a post gets likes the thread title on the post list page is animated somehow  ;D

KynloStephen66515:
So next step is when a post gets likes the thread title on the post list page is animated somehow  ;D
-rgdot (November 30, 2018, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wat?  :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version