ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Setting process priority not working with Windows 10?

<< < (5/7) > >>

mouser:
What's probably happening is acemd.exe is changing its own priority to below normal soon after it starts a new job.
And PT is only trying to change it once.
I can fix that -- I can make PT try multiple times.

Erich56:
Enable the Process Tamer log file, and check that from the GUI.-mouser (July 08, 2018, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
okay, I did that, and re-started the process.  The Log file says:

Sun Jul  8 12:31:32 2018  -> Forcing priority Above Normal due to explicit rule | acemd-918-80.exe

Erich56:
I now tried the whole thing with "force to normal" - and this worked (yesterday I had the same situation, and then I tried it with "above normal", and for a short while this worked, too).
So meanwhile I'll let it run on "normal" and see what will happen.

Erich56:
What's probably happening is acemd.exe is changing its own priority to below normal soon after it starts a new job.
And PT is only trying to change it once.
I can fix that -- I can make PT try multiple times.
-mouser (July 08, 2018, 05:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
hello Mouser, further testing has shown that it might indeed be the case that acemd.exe is changing it's own priority back to below normal, at least sometimes, and in totally different intervals.
So if you could adapt the PT to try changing the priority regularly (I don't know: in intervals of 1 minute, or so), it would be great.  Please let me know.
Many thanks for you help.

IainB:
@Erich56: I'm intrigued by this: Why would the process acemd.exe be changing (lowering) its default priority? This would likely be a deliberate design feature, rather than an error, yet you - the user - clearly don't want it to do that.
I wonder - would it make any difference to the default priority if you set the process to "Run as Administrator"? (Not sure whether that is relevant.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version