ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Setting process priority not working with Windows 10?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Erich56:
@Erich56, have you already downloaded and used the latest PT as released this week?
-Ath (July 07, 2018, 01:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
no, I havn't - since two days ago Mouser has recommended me to try the x64 beta (which I installed an hour ago and which, at least at this point, seems to work) -I didn't even know that there was a new version released this week - I had not detected a download link for it either.

mouser:
If I released a new version last week I must have done it in a trance -- it's news to me  ;D

Ath:
It was a beta indeed, not a release, sorry for the confusion :huh:

Erich56:
unfortunately, I was too early when saying that everything works well now.
Last night, when a running acemd.exe got finished and a new one startet, the new one stayed "below normal".
The Windows Task Manager as well as the entry in the ProcessTamer GUI shows this - see screenshot attached.Setting process priority not working with Windows 10? (although the Explicit Rule says "fore above normal".
So, sometime it works, sometime it doens't.  Too bad  :(

mouser:
Does it seem most likely that what is happening is something else is forcing acemd.exe to low priority AFTER PT forces it above? (possibly itself).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version