topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 12:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Processing 1.0: hobbyist scripting code for art  (Read 8582 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Processing 1.0: hobbyist scripting code for art
« on: July 30, 2006, 01:13 PM »
Processing is an open source programming language and environment for people who want to program images, animation, and sound. It is used by students, artists, designers, architects, researchers, and hobbyists for learning, prototyping, and production. It is created to teach fundamentals of computer programming within a visual context and to serve as a software sketchbook and professional production tool. Processing is developed by artists and designers as an alternative to proprietary software tools in the same domain.

from www.stumbleupon.com

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Processing 1.0: hobbyist scripting code for art
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 06:10 PM »
There are some really terrific and amazing Processing projects. I think some were a part of an unrelated posting here a while back about cool online graphics toys.

A friend of mine has been really into this for some time now. He first showed it to me a year or two ago. This reminds me there are probably a lot of cool things like this that I know and might be of interest here but that I never post. I'll have to dig through my bookmarks more and find some gems. :D

- Oshyan

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Processing 1.0: hobbyist scripting code for art
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 09:02 PM »
Looks pretty interesting, I've fired off a mail to the oldest of my younger brothers and told him to have a look at it :)
- carpe noctem