ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

db90h's best kept secret #1: Command Prompt Explorer Bar (Free OSS)

(1/3) > >>

db90h:
I'm surprised this one has never caught on. I imagine it's only due to a lack of people taking the time to let others know of it. So here it is..

This utility integrates a command prompt window within explorer that stays synchronized with the folder you're viewing in explorer. It includes macro support which is a wonderful extension to the command prompt.

It works through some API hooks combined with normal shell extension interfaces. For the most part, it works well. This project could use a new maintainer though. It doesn't work under x64 at the moment, it needs some modifications in the API hooking code.

Download and source code: http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/CommandBar.asp

mouser:
nice find, never heard of that one before.

Josh:
Is this still in development? The latest release was in 02 :-/

db90h:
No, it's not under development. It needs a new maintainer bad.

Josh:
Yeah, thats one thing I look for in any software I use. If its not under current development or had a release in a while, I tend to stay clear as I like software that has the potential of being improved or fixed in the case of a bug.

Looks good none-the-less, trying it out now. Perhaps someone from dc should take over development ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version