ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

making a single .jpg from a web-page that is over one screen long

<< < (5/6) > >>

tomos:
What I read from the OP is that not the smallest file is the issue, but the fact that vBulletin displays the jpg's larger then png's.
-Ath (June 15, 2018, 01:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

it sounds like it has a fit-to-window setting for jpegs; the png OTOH is being shown actual size.

rjbull:
PicPic (free-for-personal-use) will also do scrolling capture.  A few years ago, I tried it and mouser's SSC side by side on a complicated web page.  SSC was more 'fuss' in that it wanted to do a dummy run first, but when I let it do that, there was no question that it gave a rather better result.  However, it still wasn't perfect because the web page was just too complex.

Is the OP irremediably determined to use JPGs?  I wondered if other options had been considered, e.g.:

* Save web page to disk complete - can end up with a multitude of files/directories, though
* Save as a .MHT / MHTMLw file, so the whole web page is in a single file
* Print to a PDF
* in extremis, print to a text file

Curt:
http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

FastStone Screen Capture is now at version 9. She's still both cheap and easy, but highly capable.
$20 for a lifetime key. Mine has so far lasted 6 years. A Best Buy.

Steven Avery:
Great suggestions.  Will be revisiting and testing. 

The goal is to make a scrollable website, usually under 2 page sizes total into one clear and simple pic.  This will often be quicker, and look better, than doing multiple pics.  And in some cases even a longer web, like 3 or 4 pages, may do well.

Lintalist:
You can automate it if you wish and/or need to using PhantomJS - a headless browser (its portable, just unpack it) - example code
http://phantomjs.org/screen-capture.html
(note you can adjust the view port so you could grab a page at various resolutions e.g. mobile vs desktop)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version