topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:25 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Screenshot Captor v4.29.0 - turn off explorer window after save?  (Read 5689 times)

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Tested OS: Windows 7 x64

I've tried this Application for the first time and for myself i cant find anything goes wrong. Everything works like it should be, no false promises made!
Even the free registering process was more than easy to accomplish, i've tried it!  :up:
Due the fact that i hobbycode something similar ATM but far not that good, i know how hard it is to capture something correct, especially layered or overlay window is hard to grab for beginners like me, so both thumbs up with a huge smile since all works out of the box!
You have my full respect for this piece of Gold! It is awesome and should be standard on every ones Pc.  :Thmbsup:

One little wish i have, or i did not found proper option yet, i would like to turn off the Explorer Window that open after saving finished, how to?

I am sorry if i messed up language, german guy speaks :D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Welcome KodeZwerg!

Thank you for the kind words -- your english was perfect.

One little wish i have, or i did not found proper option yet, i would like to turn off the Explorer Window that open after saving finished, how to?

This only happens when you do a Save As.  You can disable this from happening by going to the miscellaneous tweaks page and changing this:
Screenshot - 6_5_2018 , 5_52_53 PM.png

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Answer accepted as The Solution, i was kinda blended by so many options, your arrow aims my target and it works like it says, perfectly!
Thank You very much for that quick solve!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Due the fact that i hobbycode something similar ATM but far not that good, i know how hard it is to capture something correct, especially layered or overlay window is hard to grab for beginners like me, so both thumbs up with a huge smile since all works out of the box!

Just capturing a part of the screen is exceedingly easy to code.  It's some of the supporting code that can get quite complex -- like dealing with transparency around borders and round corners, doing the selection rectangle user interface stuff, stitching together a scrolling capture, etc.

Again, thank you for the comments and welcome to the site.  We are a friendly bunch so don't hesitate to post more questions or suggestions.

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you for your warm welcome!
I may could need a location where i could help code some specific tool, or discuss source code in general. Those are topics i like and havent searched yet.
Just capturing a part of the screen is exceedingly easy to code.
Indeed, since i am a beginner on that subject i use "easy-tricks" to be able to capture any content. You may have a link to Source Code discuss for this program aswell?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
We have a section to discuss small coding projects and requests here:
https://www.donation...index.php?board=31.0

And we also have a very fun even at the end of each year called NANY (New Apps for the New Year) where we invite coders to release a new small freeware program and send all participants a free custom DonationCoder coffee mug.  You can see past years here: https://www.donation...pps-for-the-new-year