ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Template for users wishing to write a mini-review

<< < (4/7) > >>

housetier:
I think the template is great as it is now, it gives reviewers something to go by. However, if it gets much larger it will be intimidating ;) IIRC this is for a mini-review only. I really like the idea of a template though, its great and it absolutely will be a great help hmm so what's more... a yes a couple of screenshots. Oh and the URL of course!
--- End quote ---

I hope this will encourage many users to write mini-reviews. I see this more of a guideline than minimum set of requirements that have to be fulfilled. Thanks a lot for your hard work, Josh!

Josh:
Well, if there are no objections, I will update the post to include a text file with all of the code so that it can be copy/pasted and then edited to suit the needs of the reviewer. I will give this a few days and then if no other suggestions, I will post it.

mouser:
it might be nice to have a somewhat tighter spacing and perhaps some indenting after the section headers.. maybe i can whip up a custom bbcode thing for it.

ps.
when the template is ready i will add it as one of the Preset Text template items in the dropdown field in the post form, so everyone can use it very easily.

zridling:
Yea, it just got complicated. Most of the "research" info — supported OS's, versions, test system specs?!, donation links, screencasts, etc. — is redundant to the program's website, and while helpful, I don't see the need to replicate all of that minutia in a "mini-review." If the review lures you to know more about the software, then dig into its website. No other review online does that, and maybe I'm wrong, but I think this will discourage many casual or even impulsively enthusiastic reviews.

Also, are we leaving room for flexibility, or are we going for uniformity throughout all mini-reviews?

mouser:
i think the mini reviews dont have to be so strict - the template is reallly useful as a starting point, but writers can deviate.  i think we want to keep the idea that it should be easy to whip up a mini review without much stress. so it can be as little as a picture with 1 paragraph of opinion.  at least thats my 2 cents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version