ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: "Open" icon - drag and drop icon2 onto it and icon2's Open action happens

<< < (3/3)

jgpaiva:
Bump-n-Run v1b

'Bump-n-Run' puts a thin line, 1 pixel wide down the top left edge of the screen. You dont have to be very accurate with this
- Simply 'bump' a icon into the top left edge of the screen and away she goes.
- drag a file in windows explorer, bump left edge and the file will execute.
and a bonus
- bump mouse agaist left edge, and a button menu of last eight 'Bump-n-Run' is shown,in history order, allowing quick 1 click access.
-dB (July 12, 2006, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, that's sooo cool that i had to check it out, even when i don't need it!
I love the way it works, and the list of recently launched apps is just genious! Nice work dB!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

DanD:
dB,

That is soooooo cool!  :Thmbsup:  I have it running now.

Dan

--
My request made The Best Of Blog but the image there doesn't look anything like me!

app103:

My request made The Best Of Blog but the image there doesn't look anything like me!

-DanD (July 12, 2006, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

It wasn't supposed to be you...lol  ;D
Just a fun image to make the page look a bit more interesting.

mjsearcy:
I am new to Auto HotKeys and am unsure how to run the "Drag and Drop" program and "Bump-n-Run".  I have an 85 year old aunt that always has trouble double-clicking because of arthritis in her hands.  These programs sound absolutely great and just what she needs.

Thank you.

Maurita

DanD:
I am new to Auto HotKeys and am unsure how to run the "Drag and Drop" program and "Bump-n-Run".  I have an 85 year old aunt that always has trouble double-clicking because of arthritis in her hands.  These programs sound absolutely great and just what she needs.

Thank you.

Maurita
-mjsearcy (July 20, 2006, 05:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are discussions of AutoHotkey both in these forums and at its own web site.

The very short description is that you can write scripts -- plain old text files, but named with .ahk at the end instead of .txt -- and if you have downloaded the Autohotkey program it can run those scripts.  Alternatively, the person who wrote the script can compile it to an .exe file.  Then all you need to do is download that .exe file -- you don't need anything more from the AutoHotkey site to run it.

Whether you install AutoHotkey and put the .ahk file on the Desktop, or just download the .exe file and put it on the Desktop, the way to use them is:

Drag and Drop -- drag the icon for some other program (it also works for some types of documents) and
        drop it on the Drag and Drop icon on the Desktop

Bump-n-Run -- double-click on the Bump-n-Run icon on the Desktop (or drag it to and drop it on the
        Drag and Drop icon, if you have both).  You should see a thin line going down the top part of the
        left edge of the screen.  Drag the icon of the program you want to run or the document you want
        to open "through" that edge.

Dan D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version