ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My rant against php...

(1/3) > >>

superboyac:
I'm currently writing my notetakers roundup using the php template mouser provided, and I have some basic newbie questions and rants.

First of all, none of the editors out there allow any kind of wysiwig editing of php code.  How come?  Wouldn't it be nice to see the changes in some kind of "live" way as you change the code?  I remember that when I made a couple of pages in Dreamweaver, you could do that with html.  You just write code and you can split the screen and see the actual page under, or even preview it in the browser.  But with php, you have to go through all this localhost business, that I can't figure out for the life of me.

Another issue I have with editors (any basic editor like Ultraedit, Notepad++, whatever) is that, yes, they do syntax highlighting and automatic-indentation, which is nice.  However, when long lines wrap around, none of the editors will wrap the text where the indentation already is.  It would be very nice if the wrapping was also indented.  Why is this so hard?  Don't people want this?

OK, I'm done.

gjehle:
wysiwyg = { x | x != dynamic }

but while you're at it
can you look out for a wysiwyg editor for c and c++
i'm in desperate need of one, kthx

mukestar:
heh

mouser:
what he is talking about is a web page with embedded php.
and yes, it would be nice to hava a wysiwyg web editor which dynamically interprets the php; basically just a local web server with php installed for rendering the pages, with a web page editor frontend.  it may exist but i dont know any off hand.

mukestar:
Well Dreamweaver can integrate with a local or remote web server and process pages Dynamicaly as you work on them, in fact it can do ASP,PHP and JHP and im not even sure what JHP is. I think its been able to do that for a couple of years, unfortunatly it aint cheap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version