ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

From the Tinfoil Hat Department - FaceBook Listening?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Hay, I'm not saying I believe it's happening. I'm just saying it's difficult to confidently discount with some of the current goings on.

FaceBook has been caught scraping information out of Emails and text messages on Android phones.

Voice activated TV's and "electronic assistants" (like Alexa etc.) have been caught recording everything and uploading "telemetry".

So the technology is there, and the necessary contemptuous attitude toward personal privacy by corporations is also available on spades.

And if the most common kneejerk reaction is like Stephen's above … Well... It wouldn't really be that hard to get away with.

rgdot:
Wait.. Stephen is making sense? When did that start?
-mouser (May 10, 2018, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

That and he doesn't even own a phone?  :P

KynloStephen66515:
--- End quote ---

That and he doesn't even own a phone?  :P
-rgdot (May 10, 2018, 03:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, technically I own one...it's just in bits in a static-proof bag in the wardrobe cause I broke the screen, took it to bits...and never repaired it haha

wraith808:
And if the most common kneejerk reaction is like Stephen's above … Well... It wouldn't really be that hard to get away with.
-Stoic Joker (May 10, 2018, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

This.  As I said, I dismissed it as I must have shared it before.  But some of it is inexplainable, like pinterest knowing (without me linking it to other platforms) that it was my anniversary month, and showing me gifts.  And I don't even talk about any family on any platform.  That was creepy.

Deozaan:
This is how I interpreted it:

Or...perhaps I'm wrong and the whole world is bugged and listening/recording/serving based on voice-prints :P
-Stephen66515 (May 10, 2018, 02:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version