ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What are your best working hours?

<< < (5/6) > >>

Baseman:
I know my best sleeping hours...My best working hours?...MMmm! 24 hrs on my wife's nerves..

nudone:
thank you very much, mouser. it's now a four week countdown until i am truly free from the job so there won't be many changes to my routine just yet.

in the meantime, i will certainly be collecting all my plans together and trying to fit them into a realistic timeline for the future.

from previous aborted attempts to do things i think it fair to say, whatever time of day you are most productive, it helps (or is crucial) to have a deadline that you can aim for.

over the next few months, i hope to shed my procrastinator skin.

as for plans to share, there will be several... (note how i didn't include the word 'hopefully').

JavaJones:
Yes, I like the idea of "getting up early for me". Now I just need to figure out what would be worth it to *me* to get out of bed that early, consistently. ;) Interestingly if there is ever anything I really *am* looking forward to early in the morning then it's a whole lot easier to get up. I actually rather like my job, but it's not like I eagerly look forward to it every day, hehe. But let's say I was getting up to meet my girlfriend and go for a hike or something - that'd definitely be more motivating than just getting up daily for work. So it's all about finding good reasons to get up, reasons to be excited in the morning. Maybe if I go to bed every night with at least one thing left undone, and save it for the morning, I'll be eager to get up the next day. lol

- Oshyan

nudone:
perhaps you shouldn't look too hard - just find something that is enjoyable rather than being worth the extra effort.

i.e. it could be something that you'll do later or throughout the day anyway - but it's something you enjoy so you'll be associating getting up with doing the 'enjoyable' activity. or, if you'd rather, you find a task that would be good to get out of the way so that it frees up the rest of the day.

sometimes doing things for other people helps - trivial tasks can then seem more important or of value.

i guess this is becoming too much of a 'motivational blog' and i'm sure there are better places to get the advice from.

just a final point. all of this getting up early is a bit of a game - i still do it at the weekend even though i could stay in bed all day if i wished. but associating lying in bed as a 'luxury' or 'reward' are just ways of making the rest of the early rise week days seem like a punishment. it is far better to think of the early starts as a benefit and not a hindrance - start even earlier at the weekend for example.

all this has been a bit of a paradigm shift for me - hence my eagerness to preach it.

JavaJones:
I hear ya. It's gonna be hard for me to really act on any of this, but I'd like to. I'll let you know if I make any progress. :D

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version