ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Thanks for the DC Credits - 3D Printer purchased

(1/2) > >>

nudone:
Thanks to all DCer's that have donated over the years - to the site and to me personally (with many coming from Mouser). Mouser finally made me cash out the credits I'd been storing (for several years) - and some new ones... the result, a lovely new 3D Printer (Anycubic i3 Mega - same as Mouser).

Had a slight bit of trouble with it on day one - printed for 10 minutes then stopped. Seems there was a lose wire to the bed so it wouldn't heat up. After a few photos and instructions from Anycubic support (asking me to test voltages and current) it suddenly started working again - hence the lose wire theory.

I've printed a Baby Cody - it isn't a penguin! (I've only got the black plastic at the moment.)

Now I've got the same printer as Mouser we might be able to improve on the Cody models with a few more experiments, i.e. smoother polygons and all that.

Other than the initial bed temperature problem the whole thing has been very easy to set up. Just a few screws to put the thing together - probably takes about 10 minutes. Levelling the bed - just a few minutes. And that's pretty much it - so you can be printing in well under an hour. Crazy really. And the price - crazy too. I almost bought a printer when you couldn't get one for less than $2000 - now they are close to $200 - I still find it amazing.

Anyway, thanks again to all that have supported DC - you have given the gift of a 3D printer to me - so "thank you very much!"

KynloStephen66515:
Woo!

Also nice to see you posting again Nudone, been awhile since I saw your name on a thread :D

mouser:
 :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :-* :-* :-* :-* :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

KynloStephen66515:
:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :-* :-* :-* :-* :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
-mouser (April 20, 2018, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Feels like I just read a text from a 13yo girl.....mouser...be a man and use words :P

wraith808:
Glad to see such a deserved reward!  :Thmbsup:

And you missed an opportunity!  Should have named the thread "Thanks for all the fish!"  ;D  Just leave out the "So long"  :( ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version