topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: New Software Suggestion  (Read 3803 times)

spooz2

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New Software Suggestion
« on: April 14, 2018, 11:52 AM »
I have hunted the Internet, with no success, to find a simple, free program that will make the developer my wife's BFF.

Yes, a simple bill minder that will provide a pop-up upon booting into Windows 10 indicating that today is the due date for specified
bills to be paid.

By clicking on the pop-up a list of payees will appear w/payments due today.  By clicking on a payee, its website will be logged in to the "make payment" page where the User can make the necessary entries and authorize the payment.

TIA

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: New Software Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 03:48 AM »
A simple google query found a lot of results, I'd try these suggestions: https://windowsrepor...nder-software-tools/

IMHO, no need to 'invent' another popup reminder tool.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 10:35 AM »

A simple google query found a lot of results, I'd try these suggestions: https://windowsrepor...nder-software-tools/

By clicking on the pop-up a list of payees will appear w/payments due today.  By clicking on a payee, its website will be logged in to the "make payment" page where the User can make the necessary entries and authorize the payment.

This part isn't in any of them.  I'm not sure that's a necessary part, but it would be nice for a variety of reasons.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 11:22 AM »
Actually, a decent accounting package would keep tabs on this sort of thing - due dates for bills to be paid to/by named debtors and creditors - e.g., Microsoft Money Plus Sunset - Mini-Review
(Admittedly though, this could could be overkill for what is apparently required here.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:39 AM by IainB »

spooz2

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 04:21 PM »

The "invent" cliche is nonsense!  Re-invention is ubiquitous.......commonly called  competition. Think aboutt the fact that the link above offered 5 programs... each a re-invention.  Thanks for the link.