topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 3d Printing: Influence of color, printing speed, temperature, age  (Read 4309 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
What is the influence of color, printing speed, extrusion temperature and ageing on my 3D prints?

Article: http://my3dmatter.co...ing-on-my-3d-prints/

In February 2015, 3D Matter conducted a study on infill %, layer height, and infill pattern. We wanted to continue this initial effort by studying another set of very important FDM 3D printing parameters: filament color, printing speed, extrusion temperature and ageing. These are parameters that 3D printer users have frequently singled out as making a difference on the outcome of prints. So the goal of this study is to distinguish the factors that have a large influence on the printed parts from those that have limited influence. This helps users optimize their prints by focusing on the important parameters.

Screenshot - 4_6_2018 , 8_06_15 PM_thumb001.png

ps. I'm thinking we might expand this board of the section to be "Developers, Makers, and Entrepreneurs".  Thoughts?

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: 3d Printing: Influence of color, printing speed, temperature, age
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 02:05 AM »
ps. I'm thinking we might expand section(board) of the forum to be "Developers, Makers, and Entrepreneurs".  Thoughts?

Seems like a good idea to liven up this section of the forum. :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 02:10 AM by mouser »