topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Spews : about the automatic switch delay  (Read 6363 times)

ConstanceJill

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Spews : about the automatic switch delay
« on: April 05, 2018, 08:47 AM »
Hi there .o/

I've noticed something: I recently set the automatic wallpaper switching delay to 240 hours, but after exiting the program and starting it again, I see it has been set to 100 hours instead of the 240 I had chosen.

I guess it's a limit that has been set on purpose (?)
Anyway, would it be possible to let the user also choose "days" for the time delay unit?

Also, I just tested (with version 1.0.8) and setting the delay to 0 seconds just makes it switch wallpapers very quickly (as fast as it can, I guess). Would it be possible to make it so that when set to 0 seconds, it disables automatic switching (while still letting the user manually switch with the previous/next wallpaper hotkeys, and/or keeping the switch at startup)?

Note: made a new thread because of the message about the original thread's last reply being more than 360 days old.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:56 AM by ConstanceJill »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Spews : about the automatic switch delay
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 05:19 PM »
Hi, ConstanceJill.  Nice to hear from you again.   :)

I've noticed something: I recently set the automatic wallpaper switching delay to 240 hours, but after exiting the program and starting it again, I see it has been set to 100 hours instead of the 240 I had chosen.

I guess it's a limit that has been set on purpose (?)
-ConstanceJill (April 05, 2018, 08:47 AM)

Actually, no.  That just happened to be the default for that UpDown control.  I've changed it to 1-9999 in the latest release.

Anyway, would it be possible to let the user also choose "days" for the time delay unit?

Added in the latest release as well.

Also, I just tested (with version 1.0.8) and setting the delay to 0 seconds just makes it switch wallpapers very quickly (as fast as it can, I guess). Would it be possible to make it so that when set to 0 seconds, it disables automatic switching (while still letting the user manually switch with the previous/next wallpaper hotkeys, and/or keeping the switch at startup)?

The hotkeys should be active even if the "Start wallpaper switching" button hasn't been pressed.  Are they not working for you?

New release here: http://www.dcmembers...wire/download/spews/

ConstanceJill

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 01:39 AM »
Wowl that was quick! Thanks \o/

I only thought about not pressing the "Start wallpaper switching" several hours after posting, before falling asleep ^^' ... I guess it should do the job indeed :]

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 09:11 AM »
Wowl that was quick! Thanks \o/
-ConstanceJill (April 06, 2018, 01:39 AM)

You are very welcome.   :)  That should have been in Spews from the start.   :D