topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday April 15, 2024, 11:29 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Cancel capture with right click? And a few other questions.  (Read 2866 times)

GThreepwood

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

I'm switching over from PicPick and have a few questions.

1. Is there a way to cancel a "Selected Region" capture with right click? Having to reach up to Esc is a pain every time I want to change the capture region. First world problem, I know. But I capture a ton of images on a day to day basis and it slowly adds up.

2. Is there a way to have 2 separate hotkeys for whether we want to copy to clipboard or whether we want to save it? This is mostly the reason I switched, because I had to go into so many menus just to change whether I want to save to clipboard or if I want to save the file. Right now I have it so that each capture overwrites the previous one, so it works well enough. But for example I'd like to use Ctrl+Shift+A (my current hotkey) to only capture to the clipboard, and maybe Ctrl+Shift+S to capture to the clipboard and save the file. Any idea if this is possible?

3. Finally, does this program have a color picker? Sometimes I need to check the hex number or the RGB numbers of a color quickly. PicPick has this feature so I keep it running just for that, but it'd be nice to not have to run 2 different programs.

Thanks!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Cancel capture with right click? And a few other questions.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Welcome to the site GThreepwood.. A little Monkey Island reference?

1. Is there a way to cancel a "Selected Region" capture with right click?

No, but that's a very good idea -- can't think of why not to add that.

2. Is there a way to have 2 separate hotkeys for whether we want to copy to clipboard or whether we want to save it?
By default SC likes to always save captures, and that's what I recommend people think about getting used to.. And letting SC auto sort old screenshots into dated old folders (or delete them).  You could also use the post-capture dialog and i think use some-alt shortcuts to tell it what you want to do after every capture without too many clicks..  But I'm open to hearing ideas.

3. Finally, does this program have a color picker? Sometimes I need to check the hex number or the RGB numbers of a color quickly.

Under the tools menu, SC integrates with the free ColorCopt tool, which it installs in the Tools subdirectory.  You could add other tools easily too.
ALSO, SC *always* shows the color under the cursor in the statusbar, near bottom right.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Cancel capture with right click? And a few other questions.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 04:28 PM »
Welcome to the site GThreepwood.. A little Monkey Island reference?
or maybe goes back to the P.G. Wodehouse books: Galahad Threepwoodw
Tom