Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 09:14:08 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: For those who like all-in-one utils  (Read 3265 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 29, 2005, 12:31:02 PM »

http://www.martinsoftware...econtrol/screenshots.html

freeware, found via snapfiles announcement:

Take Control is a small application with many tools and utilities. It can help you with:
Virtual Desktops
Virtual Clipboards
HotKeys manager
Minimize to tray other application
Windows Startup apPlication manager
Kill process
Notes on desktop
Mail notification
Split and merge files
Search files or directories
Magnifier
Picker color

tenseiken
Columnist

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 02:24:46 PM »

Damn.  I thought I was going to be the first to plug this one.  You're too fast, mouser.

Anyway, I've encountered some bugs and such already (it's still in early beta, so that's expected) and I've sent an email off to the author.  I'll post the list of my findings here now:

--Bugs--
-Windows don't stay in the minimized windows list after closing and re-opening TC.
-Virtual desktop windows become 'stuck' and inaccessible to the user, though they can still be partially manipulated from the Desktops panel.  This may be application-specific as I'm having trouble duplicating it.
-'Free window' option does not work.
-Is the virtual clipboard even implemented yet?  I can't seem to do anything with it.

--Feature Requests--
-The option to have TC close to the system tray.
-The ability to 'minimize' notes (see ATNotes for an example).
-The ability to hide the control icons on each note (maybe have them accessible through a right-click context menu instead?)
-A detailed help file.

All of that aside, this program is awesome and has a lot of potential.  I hope the author will stop by and say hello here, but failing that, I hope he'll continue work on it.

-John
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 08:20:42 PM »

Wow!

- zaine (on Google+)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.08 ]