topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Search program clock on your desktop. With the weather. As in Android  (Read 9089 times)

reifwp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello guys. Here are my programs on the second monitor
Screenshot https://i.imgur.com/ZeGzRtQ.png
1- Rainlendar
2 -Pomodoro
3- Toggl
4-Stickies

Just asking for 2 more places. Advise if you know.
1)Watch the weather, as in android. Beautiful black in this same style.
2) And a small window, the CPU load, its temperature and memory load  :Thmbsup:

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
For CPU temperature, I don't have a good desktop widget for that. I am using Speedfan, which does have a tray icon.

For weather, CPU load, memory, wifi, battery, calendar, and trash bin, I am using the old Yahoo Widgets. Whereas you may be able to find an installer for the base engine application, the actual widgets to use with it may be difficult to find, and some, like the weather widget, near impossible to find one that actually still works.

If you like anything you see in this screenshot, let me know and I'll see what I can do to give you more info, or a source to acquire them, if necessary.

For the weather widget, I may be the only source for the one shown on my desktop, that actually works, since I had to decompile it and fix it myself.

Screenshot - 3_3_2018 , 10_04_41 AM.pngSearch program clock on your desktop. With the weather. As in Android

Weather widget in compact view:

Screenshot - 3_3_2018 , 10_07_35 AM.pngSearch program clock on your desktop. With the weather. As in Android

reifwp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
app103 . I really like the weather widget on your screenshot. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I searched and downloaded the Yahoo widget, but it looks like this http://joxi.ru/eAORQvOfxz9JZ2. Please share a link to your weather widget. Also the question is, how much does it consume RAM? The clock is also good

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
There is a desktop bar that contains all the widgets in your collection, which is what is showing in your screenshot. You need to open the widgets from there, to display it on the desktop like I have them. Then you can close that toolbar so that it stays in the tray as just an icon. The open widgets will remain on the desktop, unless you close the whole widgets application or the individual widgets.

Attached to this post you will find my fixed weather widget. Keep a backup of the zip file, after extracting it, in case you should need it in the future. Then just click the extracted widget to open it.

Unless you have changed the widget engine's default settings, it will ask if you want to move it to your collection. The answer is yes, move it, overwrite the original existing widget, whatever it wants. Once the non-working widget has been replaced with this one, you should be good to go.

One note about this. I only replaced an old dead yahoo.com URL in the original widget code with one from weather.com that works. The weather widget will occasionally crash if/when it receives bad feed data from weather.com, which is something I have not fixed (and do not plan to).

I am not sure which clock you are referring to, since there are 2 on my screen.

The analog clock is the Carmino Vector clock, a stand alone application (not a Yahoo widget) from here: http://www.crossgl.com/vcl_clocks.htm

The digital clock is my own DClock project (also not a Yahoo Widget), which you can find here: http://appsapps.info/dclock2.php

As far as RAM is concerned, I can't really say. It couldn't be all that much for just the weather widget, though, since I have used the whole collection you see in my screenshot, plus a ton more stuff, on an older Pentium 4 PC with 1GB of RAM. (the Yahoo Widgets engine and all widgets were written for XP era computers, which were typically single core and usually 2GB of RAM, or less)

reifwp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you very much