topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 12:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Blueorganizer: Firefox extension for richer bookmark management  (Read 7424 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
beta tester report on new bookmark manager for firefox

Adaptiveblue has recently launched the public beta of Blueorganizer (http://www.adaptiveblue.com/) , a Firefox extension designed to help you organize and bookmark content on the web. I’ve been testing Blueorganizer ever since it’s initial private beta release and it’s a pretty solid tool with functionality that lets you bookmark more then just websites. You can look at it as a product smart bookmarking tool where if you are bookmarking a book from Barnes and Noble or a CD from Amazon.com, Blueorganizer will know and format the bookmark specific to that product.

http://www.solutionw...kmarking-in-firefox/

blueorganizer_sidebar_ff_full.gifBlueorganizer: Firefox extension for richer bookmark management

« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 07:12 PM by mouser »

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Blueorganizer: Firefox extension for richer bookmark management
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 10:02 PM »
Looks pretty cool. I don't use FF enough to really give it a workout though. I hope of our intrepid FF lovers here will do the honors! I'd love to know if it's worth going to the dark side. ;)

- Oshyan

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 11:22 AM »

If you use IE...YOU'RE ALREADY 'ON THE DARK SIDE'..... ;D

FF rocks and has great extensions - especially Scrapbook!

CleverCat... :Thmbsup:

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 01:39 PM »
I use Opera. So what side am I on? ;)

- Oshyan

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 02:24 PM »
Opera is most secure and loads pages nicely most of the time. Downside is its closed source, so flexibility is what you can achieve by manipulating customization files, no outside tools.
Firefox is the most flexible with it's extensions and customizable files.  Downside is its security and breaking of extensions.
Maxthon is fastest and easiest to use, with a decent array of plug-ins. Downside is it's an IE shell so it's weak on security like Firefox.  And never any core updates to IE6. (then there is IE7)

They all have their advantages and disadvantages.  I recommend having all 3 installed and dabbling with all of them on a regular basis.

I just have to blurt out that I am SO over hearing which is better, because the answer is None. It's give & take, probably always will be.

IE actually has always had the most potential to be the best all-around because it's not closed and development COULD be organized much better than Firefox is, and funding wouldn't be a problem.  Problem is, Microsoft has already shown in the past how unimportant updating a browser is.  After IE7 Final is out, why would this change?  They just need a new hype (IE7), then they will probably leave IE out to dry like they did with version 6, with the exception of occasional security updates.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 02:26 PM by vegas »

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 02:26 PM »
I honestly dont forsee microsoft leaving IE out to dry anymore. They learned their lesson with IE6 when firefox came around. I bet we will see more and more updates to IE now that they have it back in their radar.

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 04:05 PM »
Opera actually does have a plugin system, it supports Netscape plugins somehow. It's just underutilized. I agree it needs a better documented, more "open" plugin system.

- Oshyan

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 03:55 AM »
If I'm doing a 'mega' download (I'm on dialup), I find Opera best - constant speed and good resume capabilities!

But I find FF's extensions invaluable...