topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2019: Clicador- A simple and fast free auto clicker  (Read 46592 times)

hugo nabais

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2019: Clicador- A simple and fast free auto clicker
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2018, 07:47 PM »
I have used a mouse clicker app called ClickWhen for a long time and found it useful. When a program's window has focus I can click on a point within that program window and set up ClickWhen to click on that same point -- a point relative to the program window not the computer screen -- every X amount of time. It will do this even if the program's window has lost screen focus, been moved, been minimized in size or minimized to the task bar. The effect is that every X amount of time, the program window is restored and the mouse clicked at the point within that window that I set up at first. It may be that Clicador can do this. I just don't know how to set it up to do that -- maybe because I don't know what an "application handle" is. So if you publish Clicador I suggest you include a help file that explains all the choices that can be configured. ClickWhen dates from 2007 and works on my Windows 7 laptop. Here's the website https://lifehacker.c...licks-with-clickwhen.

Clicador can do this.
It's the method called "Inside application at "handle" coordinate: X,Y"

You can use Live information: Start/Stop capturing Info to capture a program handle and the X and Y coordinate inside the app..
There is a short description on how to do this on the program.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2018, 08:49 PM »
Hi Arthur, thanks for the info about ClickWhen. Unfortunately it appears to me that the link to the exe and the source code are dead, so it's not so useful. :(

If you're interested, you could probably tweet to Adam Pash, the author, to attempt to find out if it was still available...  I know he has some of his source on GitHub, but couldn't find this one.

UPDATE: Found the .exe at least on Softpedia: http://www.softpedia...ents/ClickWhen.shtml

Arthur Menu

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2018, 01:07 AM »
I have used a mouse clicker app called ClickWhen for a long time and found it useful. When a program's window has focus I can click on a point within that program window and set up ClickWhen to click on that same point -- a point relative to the program window not the computer screen -- every X amount of time. It will do this even if the program's window has lost screen focus, been moved, been minimized in size or minimized to the task bar. The effect is that every X amount of time, the program window is restored and the mouse clicked at the point within that window that I set up at first. It may be that Clicador can do this. I just don't know how to set it up to do that -- maybe because I don't know what an "application handle" is. So if you publish Clicador I suggest you include a help file that explains all the choices that can be configured. ClickWhen dates from 2007 and works on my Windows 7 laptop. Here's the website https://lifehacker.c...licks-with-clickwhen.

Clicador can do this.
It's the method called "Inside application at "handle" coordinate: X,Y"

You can use Live information: Start/Stop capturing Info to capture a program handle and the X and Y coordinate inside the app..
There is a short description on how to do this on the program.

Hi Hugo,

I've tried to follow the directions but I think I'm missing something. I've attached an image of the Clicador screen showing that I have captured a program handle. The program I chose was Notepad. Next I opened my Chrome browser and the Notepad window lost focus . I started Clicador with the hot key Win+K and I was expecting that when the countdown clock hit 0 the Notepad window would regain focus,that it will appear on top of the Chrome window, but that does not happen. The Chrome window retains focus.clicador.PNGNANY 2019: Clicador- A simple and fast free auto clicker

What am I missing or not understanding?

-- Arthur

hugo nabais

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2018, 04:57 AM »
I will try to explain:

Clicking inside app will not set focus on that app window.
The goal was not to loose focus of what you are doing!

For example, you are playing a browser game on chrome and you have to click on a specific coordinate of chrome browser to pick an object in the game every 10 seconds.
If at the same time you are working on a Excel file, you do not want to loose focus of Excel!

With "inside app.." you configure it to click on the handle of Chrome main window at specific inside coordinate X and Y every 10 seconds, and Clicador will send a clicking message without loosing focus of your Excel file.
If you use "move mouse and click" you will loose focus on the Excel file.

When using modes that say "at screen coordinate" or "where mouse" is you must capture Live information Screen position X and Y.
When using inside app you must use Live information handle position X and Y.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 10:02 AM by hugo nabais »

Arthur Menu

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2018, 11:56 AM »
Okay, Hugo, now I get it. I was expecting that Clicador would behave as ClickWhen behaves. I see the value of not losing focus on the active window. Thanks for explaining this. I look forward to the final version of Clicador.

-- Arthur

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2018, 05:35 PM »
Clicador keeps telling me that it is version 2.1.0.3 and that there is an update to 2.1.0.4, even though I have extracted the 2.1.0.4 zip file over the exe multiple times. I think you forgot to bump the version number in the latest version, since comparing checksums of the exe files out of the 2.1.0.3 and 2.1.0.4 archives results in different values.

UPDATE: Found the .exe at least on Softpedia: http://www.softpedia...ents/ClickWhen.shtml

Thanks!

hugo nabais

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2018, 04:27 AM »
I released version 2.1.0.4 but did not increment exe version.

I fixed the version and uploaded the new file.

Download again 2.1.0.4.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 10:28 AM by hugo nabais »

Sarcastrophe

• Participant
  • Joined in 2020
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2020, 07:47 PM »
Does this has loop feature? How do you loop the command?

hugo nabais

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2020, 05:54 PM »
Clicador development is stopped, but I implemented a small requested feature:

Version 2.1.0.5

New features:
- New button to change the handle of a group of configuration entries