topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:37 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Clip H&S's interaction with MSFT Word?  (Read 4890 times)

dep825

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Clip H&S's interaction with MSFT Word?
« on: February 08, 2018, 09:04 AM »
I love this app...BUT, using MSFT clipboard, I can CTRL-C (copy) something, open Word and then CTRL-V (paste) the copied material immediately into the newly opened Word doc. But with Clip H&S, this no longer works. If I open the Word doc and then Ctrl-V, nothing happens.  I must go into Clip H&S's listing, click on my copied material, and then can CTRL V into the new Word doc. Somehow, the opening of Word defeats the operation of CTRL-V in Clip H&S but not MSFT Clipboard. Has anyone else noticed this? Can it be fixed? Appears on both Win 7 and Win 10.  Thanks.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Clip H&S's interaction with MSFT Word?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 09:55 AM »
Isn't that caused by the Office/Word clipboard thingy? You could try to disable that. It is known to interfere with other clipboard managers, afair

dep825

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Interesting idea...in looking into this, I found this on the MSFT forums the below. SO, it sounds unlikely that I can disable MSFT Clipboard:

"Tim Liu MSFT replied on  September 9, 2016 Microsoft Hi Wes,  It's not feasible to disable Office clipboard completely. Thanks for your understanding."

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Hmm.. I'd like to hear more about this.. I don't remember hearing it before..
CHS doesn't do anything when you hit Ctrl+V -- that is an operation that CHS stays completely out of.  So I'm not sure why anything should fail to work when you hit CTRL+V on your own..

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 03:30 AM »
May be MSFT is opened in Administrator mode. I use ArsClip which informs it can not paste if target window opened in Administrator mode. So may be CHS also can not paste.

Regards,

Anand

pesto126

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 07:56 PM »
Hmm... I'm having a very similar issue but for me - it is pasting items that were copied BEFORE my last reboot/restore that is not working.  Anything copied since the last boot/restore seems to paste in just fine.  This is not working for me anywhere in the system... firefox/chrome or notepad.  If I copy something new, it pastes just fine.  However, older items will not paste.  I hear the beep for the copy.. so I know it is copying ok... but ctrl-V or Edit-Paste don't work.

Using the latest version of CHS...  help!?!

*EDIT* - ok.. I think I see what happened... somehow - the actual TEXT of the clips were deleted... so, even though they appear in my favorites list - the actual text is missing.  IE: When I choose to open the main window and click one of the older clips - the Excerpt shows part of the clip.. but the actual text is missing.  The newer items show the text in the Memo box as well as the excerpt... I'll try to pull back the files from a recent backup.

**EDIT** Ok.. was able to get a backup file from January off my C: drive Image and all is well again... strange!!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 08:12 PM by pesto126 »