ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How can i get a 'Desktop ALERT' to pop up, when i have New email in Outlook Exp6

(1/3) > >>

screenshot1:
How can i get a 'Desktop ALERT' to pop up, when i have' New' email in Outlook Express 6 ( Like 'Outlook' has ???)
I am using Windows 7 .... Is it somehow possible, or does anybody know of a programe i can get to do this feature ???  :Thmbsup:

rawlings:
You need to use 3rd party application.
I recommend http://www.poppeeper.com/

screenshot1:
You need to use 3rd party application.
I recommend http://www.poppeeper.com/

-rawlings (February 07, 2018, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi, Thanks for this info .. I tried it, but opens 'Their' Email program .. ( I didnt get a New Message' pop up anyway, maybe cause i installed the 'Free' version' ) .. do you happen to know of ANY other program, that will make a 'Pop-Up ' using my CURRENT 'Outlook Express 6 ?? Thanks in advance   :-*

Ath:
I'm pretty sure Outlook Express 6 (OE6) does not support both of that. Popup notifications and/or opening a specific or the first unread message from outside OE6.

But please explain how you got OE6 installed on Windows 7? I never could get that installed/working, way back when I switched to W7, in 2009... I seem to remember MS made inroads to make that actually/nearly impossible (AFAIR it was part of the Windows XP package, with no separate installer), just to get everyone off of OE6 and on to the (real crap) Windows Live Mail disaster.

screenshot1:
I'm pretty sure Outlook Express 6 (OE6) does not support both of that. Popup notifications and/or opening a specific or the first unread message from outside OE6.

But please explain how you got OE6 installed on Windows 7? I never could get that installed/working, way back when I switched to W7, in 2009... I seem to remember MS made inroads to make that actually/nearly impossible (AFAIR it was part of the Windows XP package, with no separate installer), just to get everyone off of OE6 and on to the (real crap) Windows Live Mail disaster.
-Ath (February 07, 2018, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi, Your correct about O.E 6 NOT available for Windows7 .. however, i found a 3rd party program, £20 ... its virtually identical to 'Outlook Express' even slicker, in my view ! I just wish, i could get a 'Pop-Up' notification , like my friends 'Outlook' does ! ... Here is link for 3rd part 'Outlook Express for Windows7'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version