topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 9:51 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Screenshot Capture Will Not Take Focus from Eclipse Oxygen IDE  (Read 2404 times)

waldnerm

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

I am using v4.21.1 and have run into an issue with SC and the Eclipse Oxygen IDE.  I have the Print Screen key mapped to select a region which is then copied to the clipboard.  What happens when Oxygen has focus is that SC will not \ can not respond to the Print Screen key, it appears that Oxygen is either blocking the focus change or the key stroke.  I believe this is an Oxygen issue as the previous Eclipse IDE version, Neon, did not have this behavior.

I posted this as a question in the Eclipse forum, but I am wondering if there is anything that I can do in the SC setting to allow it to "grab" focus when the Print Screen key is used ? I scanned the settings and there wasn't anything that was obvious to me that would help.

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!   Mel

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Screenshot Capture Will Not Take Focus from Eclipse Oxygen IDE
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 07:35 AM »
I'm not sure.. It would be bad if they didn't make an option to not do that in Oxygen.  What you could do of course is configure different custom hotkeys in SC.

waldnerm

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Screenshot Capture Will Not Take Focus from Eclipse Oxygen IDE
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 08:01 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the response, after trying a few combinations I found one that works.  I didn't think that it was that Oxygen was blocking the Print Screen key, I thought that it would not release focus ( based on some other issues I had read about ), but it does look like it is the key stroke.  That was a rookie mistake on my part, I should have investigated both items before submitting a post.

Thanks for your help,  Mel