ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2018

NANY 2018 Release: WHAT (Windows Hotkey Activator Tool)

<< < (3/5) > >>

Ath:
Win+P is a Windows predefined hotkey, at least from Windows 8 and later (you seem to be on Windows 7 though), you might want to avoid confusion or try another hotkey to see if that might work better

mat2016:
Nice program, I took a different approach with Shortcuts Creator which allows users to generate short hotstrings to launch folders, documents, webpages or programs.

Users can drag files, programs or shortcuts to the main window and it will prompt for what letters they want to use to launch those items. The hotstrings are prefaced with a single letter which denotes what type of item is being launched: (f)olders, (r) programs, (w) web pages and (d) documents.

For exe, the hotstring code looks for an existing program window before launching and just makes it the active window if it exists.

Users can type the hotstring in the raw, which works in most places, or they can press both Shift keys to display a launcher window, just type in the string to launch the item. If you are in Excel or PowerPoint the code will recover text are typing into a cell or a slide. That was the best method I could come up with. That code is in the myshortcuts.ahk file.

I use it all the time at work to either launch an item or put that window on top.

Cheers

skwire:
For the item which don't have 'Title' content, it works not very well, it can't be switched most time.-israu (January 11, 2018, 01:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm working on some internal changes that might help with this.  Stay tuned.

Nice program, I took a different approach with Shortcuts Creator which allows users to generate short hotstrings to launch folders, documents, webpages or programs.
-mat2016 (January 11, 2018, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, mat2016.  A few years ago, I wrote a program called Splat that has some similarities to your program.  You can check it out here: http://skwire.dcmembers.com/fp/?page=splat

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.2 - 2018-01-26
    + Added per hotkey "Always on Top" option.  (Thanks, anandcoral)
    + Added per hotkey "Minimize if active" option.
    + Added "Duplicate hotkey" option.
    * Improved the window activation code.  Windows in the system tray should now have a much better chance of being activated.

rjbull:
WHAT was featured in the UK magazine Computeractive.  Screenshot of relevant portion of PDF scan attached here - there doesn't seem to be a way to attach a file in a PM, email or via the forum using Quote?
NANY 2018 Release: WHAT (Windows Hotkey Activator Tool)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version