topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: NANY 2018 Release: Joomla Extensions  (Read 9173 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
NANY 2018 Release: Joomla Extensions
« on: September 07, 2017, 08:47 PM »
As I have been working for the last several months on migrating the DC website to the Joomla content management system, I have ended up coding a bunch of custom extensions.  Some are dc-specific and won't be of much use to others, but several would be of use to general joomla sites.  I plan on releasing a few as part of my NANY offerings this year.

Joomla Extensions now available, open sourced on github:

Bulk meta info viewer/changer - Used to quickly see and modify your article meta info (most similar to the osmeta extension but less invasive). I think this one is probably the most useful and of general interest to joomla users.

Log viewer - Simple extension to allow admin to view/tail system log files

Alternate control panel -- Simple alternate place to put admin modules instead of main control panel

Article links plugin -- Makes it easy to see and edit the menus that link to an article being edited

Menu list plugin -- Easy way to make pages that show a nice list (with image thumbnails) of child pages

Comment plugin -- Super simple plugin that just lets you "comment-out" sections of an article to make them invisible

Custom function content plugin -- Safe way to invoke custom php functions from article content
  • I did not open source this yet -- it's a lot of code and would require some additional documentation.

joomla.pngNANY 2018 Release: Joomla Extensions
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:54 AM by mouser »

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2018 Release: Joomla Extensions
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 02:02 PM »
As I have been working for the last several months on migrating the DC website to the Joomla content management system, I have ended up coding a bunch of custom extensions.  Some are dc-specific and won't be of much use to others, but several would be of use to general joomla sites.  I plan on releasing a few as part of my NANY offerings this year.
I hope you're including one that mutes the colors. That would be a site for sore eyes.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 01:12 AM »
Updated first post to list some of the extensions I will be releasing for joomla as part of my NANY 2018 submissions.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 05:08 AM »
Updated post with links to github repositories for each item.