topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Vegas Pro Edit 15 $25 on Humble  (Read 11421 times)

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Vegas Pro Edit 15 $25 on Humble
« on: December 14, 2017, 01:36 PM »
Humble has a new bundle that includes the Vegas Pro Edit 14 video editor in the $20 tier:

- https://www.humblebu...pro-creative-freedom

The bundle runs until Christmas day if I did my calendar math right.

I haven't used Vegas Pro because it's expensive and I don't do a lot with video editing, but it seems to have a good reputation.  It used to be owned by Sony but at some point last year it was acquired by Majix.  The SKU that's in the bundle is "Pro Edit" which is the less expensive of the three SKUs.  The other Vega SKUs are "Pro" and "Pro Suite" which appear to add things that are of little interest to me.

Vegas Pro is up to version 15 right now; I'm not sure what changes/features have been added between 14 & 15.  Vegas Pro Edit 15 is on sale for $150 right now on the official site; the normal price is $500 according to that page. (I don't know if this one of those "Oriental Rug" situations where something is perpetually on sale, or if it's an actual deal).

There's also a bunch of other stuff in the various tiers, but I'm only potentially interested in Vegas.

Anyway - if anyone has actual experience with this tool, I'd appreciate comments about whether this $20 deal might be worthwhile for someone like me who has only modest video editing needs. Right now I mostly just clip video snippets now and again.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:58 AM by Deozaan, Reason: modified topic for updated info »

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Vegas Pro Edit 14 $20 on Humble
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 01:40 PM »
I've used Vegas in a professional setting, and I did really enjoy it, so for $20 (considering you get everything else, too), it's a fantastic deal indeed!

wysiwyg125

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 01:48 PM »
I've never tried Vegas, but IMO if you're looking for a solid video editor, try HitFilm Express. https://hitfilm.com/express
Completely free, clean interface, and in my experience it has been fast and rock-solid. I've run the gauntlet of video editors, from consumer-level packages like Pinnacle Studio or Cyberlink PowerDirector to Adobe Premiere. HitFilm does the job for me and does it well.

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 02:15 AM »
I used Vegas 11 to edit family videos some years ago (back then it was owned by Sony). For my needs it was overkill, but it was a pleasure to use.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 09:24 AM »
YouTube - "How To Edit With Sony Vegas Pro 14! Magix/Sony Vegas Tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6l8kk9qW-4"

He talks a lot, but seems to know what he is doing.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 04:13 PM »
Via the humble bundle in mention > Vegas 14 may be upgraded to version 15 for merely $199

Vegas14Upgrade15.gifVegas Pro Edit 15 15 on Humble

Notice that the entire bundle is HUGE, but also really good quality; All Magix and Xara, beside Vegas.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:05 PM by Curt »

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 05:53 PM »
Vegas 14 may be upgraded to version 15 for merely $199

Keep in mind that at the moment, Vegas Pro Edit 15 (the 'Edit' edition of Vegas Pro 14 is what is in the Humble Bundle deal) is offered for $150 until Dec 26:

- http://www.vegascrea...m/us/vegas-pro-edit/

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 11:02 PM »
It's back on Humble Bundle again.

US$20 will get you:

Music Maker 80s Edition
MAGIX Photo Manager Deluxe
Soundpool: Blockbuster
Xara Photo & Graphic Designer
MAGIX Photostory Deluxe
Music Maker Hip Hop Beat Producer
VEGAS Pro 14 Edit
MAGIX Vintage Effects Suite
Xara Web Designer Premium
MAGIX Video Sound Cleaning Lab

Deal valid for the next 13.5 days.

Keep in mind that at the moment, Vegas Pro Edit 15 (the 'Edit' edition of Vegas Pro 14 is what is in the Humble Bundle deal) is offered for $150 until Dec 26:

They've been consistently reminding me that I can upgrade to Vegas Pro v15 Edit for $149 pretty much every 2-4 days for the last 4 months or so.  Main difference between 14 and 15 is GPU accelerated encoding but I usually output to MagicYUV or Lagarith and then use VidCoder or StaxRip, I find they seem to give a subjectively better visual output.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Vegas Pro Edit 15 $25 on Humble
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 01:42 PM »
The $25 tier of the Humble Software Bundle: VEGAS Pro Even More Creative Freedom has Vegas Pro Edit 15.

The bundle is active until 25 Dec 2018

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 03:27 PM »
Vegas 11 Pro is great (I still use it).

I upgraded to 14 Pro and absolutely hated it - constant crashes, missing audio in rendered files. Even worse it blue screened once during rendering and now it won't render at all because it BSODs every time.

Total waste of money apart from the free Pro plugins thrown in which I now use in Vegas 11. Vegas 11 is rock solid and does everything apart from missing 4k but then I produce DVDs and YT clips and don't have the bandwidth to mess about with 4k size files.

Since Sony sold off Vegas and Sound Forge all that seems to be added in each version are new bugs. Plus there is absolutely no support any more except for limited support for installation immediately after purchase. Sony's support was very good - they used to take emails and were helpful, the new bunch just want your money. Google it. I won't spend another pound on the programme.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 04:52 PM »
Conversely, I  use Pro 14 all the time, no problems with it at all but I never do final renders with it, using it only for editing and rendering to lossless, (MagicYUV or Lagarith).

Vegas MSP 13 & 14 (Pro and MSP) were unstable when I first installed, (failing to start, sometimes crashing), that was fixed by removing all 3rd party installed codecs and then only installing the two above, (anything else wasn't required, MPC-BE has it's own and they're not necessary for any encoding I do).

Think I'll wait til next year when they should have Vegas 16 in a bundle ... really want to play with the Motion Tracking :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 05:01 PM by 4wd »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Vegas Pro Edit 15 $25 on Humble
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 10:56 AM »
The $25 tier of the Humble Software Bundle: VEGAS Pro Even More Creative Freedom has Vegas Pro Edit 15.

The bundle is active until 25 Dec 2018

This bundle is back again for the next ~3 weeks:

https://www.humblebu...o-even-more-rebundle

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member