While I was overseas last year, my wife decided to put a password on her computer. I didn't think when I got back to create a recovery disk or even to ask her what it was. Now, it appears she's forgotten (I say appears because the reason it rebooted was because of a power failure, then it did a chkdsk).
Anyone have a way to recover it? Or know some trusted software?
What I've done:
1. Tried to log in as a different user. Admin is disabled, and I can't get to the command prompt to enable it.
2. Every recovery option is password protected
3. Even though I know one of the DVDs I have is for her machine, they all say they aren't, so I can't get to the command prompt that way.
4. I was going to try the stickykeys hack, but not being able to invoke the recovery options I can't get that to work.
5. Her image has the password in it, so I wasn't able to get in that way.
I found uukeys (https://www.uukeys.c...dows-7-password.html
), but not sure if that is legit.