ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA Data extraction and convert to CSV

<< < (3/4) > >>

Target:
should be able to do this (import a txt file, and parse to a table.query) directly using access

Ath:
should be able to do this (import a txt file, and parse to a table.query) directly using access
-Target (November 26, 2017, 11:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I haven't installed MS Access on any computer near me for many years, so that wasn't a viable option. I was almost going to ask if it wasn't supposed to read MS SQL instead of MS Access...
And being a Java/C# style programmer, VBA feels really awkward to me (though I've done small VB/VBA projects in the more distant past).

wraith808:
-Target (November 26, 2017, 11:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I haven't installed MS Access on any computer near me for many years, so that wasn't a viable option. I was almost going to ask if it wasn't supposed to read MS SQL instead of MS Access...
And being a Java/C# style programmer, VBA feels really awkward to me (though I've done small VB/VBA projects in the more distant past).
-Ath (November 27, 2017, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think he meant the OP could do it, just as until you posted, I was going to do it in Excel (didn't think about directly doing it in Access)

Target:

I think he meant the OP could do it, just as until you posted, I was going to do it in Excel (didn't think about directly doing it in Access)
-wraith808 (November 27, 2017, 01:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

yup, thats where I was going.

I haven't used access for years, but I have done this before so I know its doable (could be he could do it directly from word too given how well integrated office is...)

magician62:
Oh! I missed all the fun :) Totally lost a day there. If anyone finds it, please let me know.

As to direct import in Access, for myself quite sometime since I imported data not in CSV format, and never in the above format. If I say I remember Access 2.... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version