ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Lastpass down

(1/2) > >>

tomos:
Lastpass is broken here and seems to be broken for many others too --
I can get to the site but cannot log in -- either get no response, or 'check my internet' or having trouble connecting to the server.

Lastpass down
http://downdetector.com/status/lastpass

tomos:
This is not something I have catered for -- how can one cater for this, securely?

wysiwyg125:
This is not something I have catered for -- how can one cater for this, securely?
-tomos (November 24, 2017, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't use LastPass. Does this mean you can't now login to any websites that you have used LastPass passwords for? It needs to contact their servers each time to retrieve your password?

tomos:
-tomos (November 24, 2017, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't use LastPass. Does this mean you can't now login to any websites that you have used LastPass passwords for? It needs to contact their servers each time to retrieve your password?
-wysiwyg125 (November 24, 2017, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

there's supposed to be offline access, but not sure how it works -- quote below gives the impression it would automatically work -- this was not my experience.

Offline Access to your LastPass Vault
How to Utilize Offline Access in Your Browser Extension or Mobile Application

The key to gaining offline access in your LastPass browser extension or mobile app is to have logged into the extension or app at least one time while you have had an internet connection.   This ensures that your computer or device has cached a local version of your encrypted data to the local drive. This is the data that LastPass loads when you login to LastPass while offline.   Any LastPass browser extension or mobile application can be logged into without an internet connection, and will default to this mode when no connection is present.

Please note these special options and conditions:

– In each browser extension, if you clear your LastPass Local Cache (LastPass Toolbar Icon -> More Options -> Advanced -> Clear Local Cache), you will have to log in online once more to recreate your cache before you can log in using offline mode again.-https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/your-lastpass-vault/
--- End quote ---

Possibly not working here because I do have an internet connection.

EDIT// I guess this is why people go for a paid version: they do offer something called 'Lastpass Pocket' (I think) that works offline. Will have to check it out.

wraith808:
I don't use lastpass pocket, even though I'm premium.  I'm having no problem accessing lastpass currently.  I think that they meant if you had logged into lastpass while you had an internet connection, it has cached versions on your machine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version