ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What are your favorite RSS Feeds?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Certainly

mouser:
by the way, what seems to have caused the problem is a spider following all the links on a page - apparently one of the paths of links was deleting stuff.  it's a good lesson if you are a developer coding a web app - to be very cautious not to use LINKS to perform actions like deleting stuff (always use a form).  otherwise if a spider hits your site... bye bye data.

housetier:
Here is my current opml export from wizz rss again, see the attachment.

KenR:
Here are some of my favorite feeds. Like everyone else, I have a very large number of feeds that I am not able to follow closely. Those on this list, however, tend to be pretty manageable.

Ken

KenR:
Want your news and information delivered to you so you don't need to get it yourself?

That's what RSS is great for - all you have to do is get a RSS reader (most are free), subscribe to the RSS feeds (the information) that you want (typically done by clicking a link on a website), and the RSS reader will get the information for you. Then all the information is collected for you and is typically stored on your computer so you can read it offline. If you're not familiar with RSS, now is the time to learn!

There are many RSS readers and almost all of them are free. Although they vary in features and how they present the information, they all serve the same basic function of obtaining and showing you the information that you want. Various RSS readers have been discussed in the DonationCoder forum and this would be a great place to find out which ones people like and use.

A file containing hundreds of RSS feeds on many topics is attached. You should be able to import the feeds contained in this file into most RSS readers. This file was created by putting together RSS feeds contributed by DonationCoder members, particularly app103, Carol Haynes, Housetier, Josh, and KenR. It will be helpful to anyone who is just getting started or is already using an RSS reader, but would like to obtain some additional feeds. (WARNING: Some of these feeds might contain offensive information!).

Remember, the best feeds are going to be from the sites you already visit and enjoy. Look around on sites you browse for a small orange square with a dot and two lines . Depending on your web browser, it may be in the address bar for the site as well as the page itself. Click this square and it will give you information about setting of a feed for that site.

Have fun!
KenR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version